Wish things could be different - 12

Emerald's POV

I wake up with a banging headache and instantly regret drinking so much alcohol yesterday.

That's me; I regret the things I do but I carry on making the same mistakes, over and over again.

I can't stop - even if I try.

I go downstairs, to the kitchen and I see Lola making breakfast. I look around the whole kitchen and everything is so clean and the counters are sparkling for the first time in forever.

"Thanks." I mumble and she smiles at me. I go over to her and give her a hug, "I'm sorry, for being a bitch." I mumble between her shoulders.

Lola let's out of the hug and puts her hands on her hips, "We're best friends ok... And best friends help eachother."

I smile at her and then I help her make breakfast.

We both have some tea and biscuits, toast, eggs and beans. The simplest of things that are so damn tasty.
This is the most food that I've probably had in a week and it really does feel amazing.

After we finish eating, I get up and wash the dishes. I dry the plates, bowls and mugs used and put them away.

I sit back on the sofa and then Lola says "Your dad called."

"Oh really?"

"Yup." She mumbles, "He wants you to go over and stay at his house for a bit."

"Tell me you told him no." I say promptly.

"I didn't give him an answer, you've got to talk to him."

"I know." I mutter, "I guess it will be alright, right?"

"Just call him. I hate the man's guts but he is your dad." She says and she sighs heavily.

"Ok."

I go upstairs and call my dad - he answers after me calling him for the twelfth time; God, why do I even try?

"Hello."

"Hey Emerald, sorry I didn't pick up quickly, I was just a bit busy." He states, making me roll my eyes.

Yeah he is always busy.

"I heard you wanted me to come over."

"Yeah... Yeah I did." He pauses, "Stay over, for a week, it will be nice."

Nice. That word is terrible.

So terrible that I don't know why it's terrible.

"I'd love to." I reply... I'm such a bad liar.

"Amazing. How about you come over tomorrow evening?"

"Fantastic." I mutter in my most fake enthusiastic voice.

We both say our goodbyes and then I hang up.

My dad, he is always busy. He never tells me what he is doing - it's just 'I'm busy'.

I go downstairs and I see Lola grabbing her bag.
"I've got to go Em, I'll call you ok." She smiles at me and then hugs me before leaving.

After she leaves I sit down on the sofa and watch YouTube videos on my laptop.
I get my laptop and put on the Dolan Twins to cheer me up and thankfully it does.

After two hours of watching old and recent videos of the Dolan Twins I switch my laptop off and slam it shut. I get my phone and then hesitantly call him to ask him if I could have the week off - I obviously need to come up with a lie but whatever he would probably believe me if I called him and told him I was dead... Yeah he really is just stupid on a new level.

"Hello?" I say quietly over the phone.

"Hi?"

"Listen, I was wondering if I could have a week of work-"

"No." He says dryly.

"Wait please. I really need the week off my... One of my friends she is really unwell and she has no one, I... Just for a week need to look after her. Please, I'm begging you." I plead and I hear him scoff over the phone.

Don't fucking scoff at me.

"When did you have friends?" He mutters and pauses before saying, "Well don't fucking thing your going to get payed for the week and you make sure it is just the week you got it. Don't test me." He hangs up abruptly and I just throw my phone on the table.

"I have Alex." I mumble to myself and then I walk upstairs, I go to my room and I pack a few things for tomorrow.

A book, sweets, a drink, some clothes obviously, three pairs of shoes, my face wash, my laptop, a toothbrush... And yeah that should be all I think.

I throw my packed bag on a chair in my room and then I go to the bathroom and have a quick shower. I moisturise my whole body and then I put on my pajamas.
I quickly towel dry my hair and then I go into bed and darkness overflows me in the matter of minutes.

Thank you so much for reading!

Please vote, comment and share.

Song - Calvin Harris & Alesso - Under Control ft. Hurts

If you haven't already read Billionaire's Ex Wife... Then please do.