Chapter 23

Hello everyone, sorry for the long and here is the next chapter.

About the part where I say that Rick is shifting at the age of five, I will think about it and then change.

Chapter 23

Saturday is the best day of the week. One more holiday ahead and the only holiday when Ma doesn't take me wedding shop. Well, it was bound to get over by now but with Ma and her planning, it was taking ages!

I got up and had a long soak in the tub after which I dressed up in jean shorts and a tank top. I went downstairs and saw Ma flipping pancakes. Yum! I rubbed my stomach and said pointing to my stomach, 'you're in for a treat tummy.'

"Good morning," I greeted both Ma and Brian and sat on the chair.

Brian was on the dining table chair flipping through the newspaper.

"Hey honey," Ma came to me and kissed my forehead while Brian looked up from the paper and smiled at me. Being like this, I felt that my family is complete.

"So what's the plan for today?" hoping that it wasn't wedding shopping

"You and me are going to the mall this evening" Brian said. Mall? I hate shopping!

"Can't we go somewhere else? I mean like the dress store to buy my dress for the wedding." At least there will be only dresses there not like everything.

"No honey, you're mother is going to a business dinner tonight and we are free so I thought that it will be a good time for father daughter bonding."

"Can't we have this father daughter bonding in the house itself while watching the repeat telecast of Beauty and the Beast?" I was pretty much pleading, I didn't want to go the mall.

"Nope, we are going and that's final." I pouted a bit and then agreed.

The mall it is then!

The entire afternoon, I spent studying, well because I didn't have anything else to do. I also did a bit of the project of Chemistry. Just because I am helping him, doesn't mean that I trust him to do schoolwork.

After knowing that he is an Alpha leader thingy, I kind of understood that he may be busy. Taking care of a group of people is not an easy job. Somehow, after knowing what he is, has built some respect for him.

I and Brian entered a gift shop with all kind of things available. Well all kind of costly things, from a card to a rare diamond, they have it all. Brian wanted to buy Ma something, so here we are. How romantic!

I went to the jewelry section and asked the sales lady for the most beautiful piece of antique jewelry available.

"Are you sure?" The woman didn't believe that I had the capability to buy anything but then again I didn't look convincing in a tank top, ripped loosed jeans and a sling bag.

I turned back and pointed to Brian who was looking at watches, "Look at that man there, he is my Dad and he is loaded!"

"Alright honey," she showed me a large section of rings and lockets but I didn't like any of them. They weren't beautiful enough for my Ma.

"Do you have anything else? Something unique?" I wanted something different for Ma.

She searched for some time but came up with an old worn box? She gave it to me and said, "Open it."

I opened it and inside was two valuable stones.

One was bright red in color and the other one was black. Both of them were lockets. The red one was covered with a beautiful golden design in the shape of an oval while the black one was thin and in the shape of a rectangle. The black locket had a base covering of silver or probably platinum. Both of them were beautiful.