Chapter 17

Happy New Year

Not that happy with the chapter but not bad I guess.

Chapter 17

Easton's Pov

This shouldn't have happened. Neveah was not supposed to find out things in this way.
I was at Xavier's house along with Dad, Melissa, Gregory, Xavier and unfortunately Alden since he is my third in command.

We were all patiently waiting for Neveah to wake up.

She fainted when she saw Rick shift.

Seriously speaking, I still can't believe that Neveah knows and that too she got to know on her own. This all seems so surreal.

I made Melissa call Gina and inform her that Neveah will come home late. Somehow, she didn't question and I was grateful for that. The last thing I want is an angry mother on my doorstep. Speaking of parents, my father was shocked when I narrated him the incident but then started laughing. I saw my father laughing after a long time for which I was grateful to Neveah. He said something along the lines of," keep me in check." At least someone is happy.

The doctor checked and reassured me that Neveah had fainted only due to shock and that it wasn't serious. I took a breath of relief after that.

Now the only thing I need to think about is how to answer her questions without freaking her out again. Everyone left after some time, leaving me with an unconcious Neveah.

I held her limp hand and spoke to her even though she can't hear me, "I'm sorry Nev, I never meant any of this to happen . Just wake up soon. We have a lot to do.

"Oh yeah mister, we have a lot to talk about." I looked down to see Neveah glaring at me before she continued, "and leave my hand." I removed my hand from hers immediatly.

Before she could speak again, I said, "Go home now, I made Melissa call Gina and tell her that you will come home late and it is already late. We will talk tomorrow. Come I'll drop you off."

"Can I trust you not to kill me?" It hurt when she asked that but she was suprisingly silent which was very much unlike her. I bet she is scared. I wanted to erase her fears but now is not the time.

"Can I trust you not to repeat the episode of today to anyone?" I counter-asked.
She thought over it for a while before replying,"yes."
"Then there won't be a problem." I promised. She just shook her head in reply. She got up from the bed and left the room while I was checking her legs.

What?
They were hot.
That rymes.

I took her home in my car and ordered Xavier to call for a pack meeting in half-an-hour. It was very necessary considering the circumstances. During the whole car ride, she was silent as an owl. We parked near her house and I turned to her, " trust me Neveah, I will explain everything tomorrow after school. Goodnight." Again, she just sighed and nodded.

I turned back the car and headed to the meeting.

Neveah's Pov

I lay on the bed thinking about all that happened today.

The last thing on my mind was that Easton was a werewolf!
A FREAKING WEREWOLF!
A DOG!

No wonder Melissa behaved like a bitch to me, even though she was my ex-best friend and on the process of becoming my best friend again. This also means that Ryder is one too. The freaking slimy dog! Wait, then what are Daniel and Brody? I have to speak to him soon.