Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The house is mine at last, not that I am going to host a party or something. I can watch TV the whole night eating junk food which I have never been able to do since Ma wouldn't allow it.  

I took out all the junk food from the fridge, colas and even chocolates. I was anyway hungry since I didn't have much during dinner at the stupid restaurant. I'm never going there again. 

I was busy watching a rerun of Beauty and the Beast when I felt my mobile beeping. I fell of the sofa when I saw the message.  

You looked beautiful tonight. 

There was only one person who saw me and the person who sent this message is definitely not this person. I replied, who is this? I got an instant reply. 

Easton Dale.  

Is he sh*tting me? This is one sick joke. I sent back a reply.  

Dude, stop bugging me in the middle of the night and find a girl to distract you from me.  

I wish I could do that. 

The stupid prick was not making any sense. So I thought that instead of wasting my time on him, I should watch Jay Ryan. Man he was one hot guy! I didn't get any other messages from Easton after that.  

I spent the whole night watching movies so the net day I was extremely sleepy and tired. Ma was not back yet and when I tried calling her, my call went on her voicemail. I hope she returns by tonight. I had yet to see Easton. Facing him after yesterday's message was making me feel weird. I spotted him at the parking lot. Upon spotting me, he gave me a huge smile like yesterday. He was acting weirder than yesterday. On the other side, I spotted Alden sucking the face of Melissa's sidekick. Man payback is a bitch! I used to hear many girls complaining that Melissa was sported with their boyfriend and now she is watching the guy she loves with another girl.  

She was standing there alone and I felt bad about it. I could either enjoy her misery or comfort her. Even though I felt the first option more appealing, I was not a b*tch like her. I went and stood near her. 

'Hello Melissa.'  

'Hey, Nevvy. How are you?' 

Before I could reply, she started talking, 'I'm such a bitch right?' 

'I would be lying if I say you're not.' 

She just shook her head. 'I love Alden Nev. It is so difficult to live without him.' She sounded almost suicidal. I locked my hands with her and dragged her to the classroom. When the jocks [read Alden] entered, Melissa stiffened. I looked at the door to spot the same girl from the parking lot and Alden look very cozy. When Easton entered behind him, he looked at Melissa with pity, a look I have never seen on him. Thankfully he didn't look at me or it would be awkward.  

All the classes passed in the same manor with Alden roaming with different girls on his arms. By lunch time, Melissa looked sad and dead. I was getting angry at Alden's behavior. If he does not want to be with Melissa, it is fine but why is he rubbing it in her face?

I thought of something. Jealousy always works in two ways so why not try it this way? I dragged Melissa to the washroom. To my luck, it was empty.  

'Stop behaving like this Melissa. It is not healthy.' 

'I can't stop Nev. It hurts so badly.' She was actually moaning like she was in pain. 

'Listen to me Melissa Archer, I know you love him. I can also see that he loves you and he roaming with other girls to make you feel bad, so why not try his tricks on him?'