Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Easton's Pov

I was pissed. I don't know what Sabrina's problem was but she was getting on my nerves. She and her brother Ben shifted to our pack some days before since he was having some kind of problems with his last one.

But with the kind of sister he has, I am sure he must have been kicked out of the other one.

From today morning, she was hanging on to my arm like a heavy bag I really would love to dispose. In the parking lot, she hardly let me turn towards Neveah and I was sure that Neveah was waiting for me. But this stupid female won't let me go. Since, she was a new pack member; I let it slide and ignored all her lies of both of us going on a date, but clearly she crossed the line today in the lunch time.

What she did with Neveah today was infuriating. How dare she insult my Luna in such a way?

I am going to have a long chat with her and her stupid brother in the evening. On top of that I have homework to do.

When I entered home Sabrina, her brother, my father, Melissa and Gregory were there.

"Good evening." I greeted.

"Good evening, Alpha." They all chorused while my father gave me an acknowledging nod.

"I'll change and come." I sprinted to my room, my wolf eager to do the work she has given us to please his. Bloody whipped dog!

I came down after some time. My father and Georgy were in some conversation while Melissa and Sabrina were glaring at each other. Man, I loved the way Melissa spoke today. To think that I despised the girl a few weeks ago! She was a good woman, just confused. Right now, she had a lot of stability with Georgy. She needs this; God knows she needs this after Alden.

Rejecting her was harsh but I can't punish him for it since it was their personal matter. Not to mention that it was nowadays becoming a common occurrence. How does one reject their mate, I can't go on without seeing mine everyday?

I looked at Sabrina and her brother and started in the softest voice I could muster right now, "May I know what exactly prompted you to act the way you did in the lunch room and also in the classroom before that?"

Everyone in the room flinched at my voice. Seems like it isn't soft enough?

"I, Alpha....actually it... I mean..." She started to speak but it wasn't fast enough. She very well knew that Neveah was my mate. I had already warned Ben when he called Nev his Luna. I had already specified to them that my mate was human, yet Sabrina behaves this way. I don't know about his past pack experiences but if they thought that can get away with all this insulting the Luna, they were dead wrong.

"Stop stuttering and speak. I don't have time for your nonsense." She was getting on my last nerve right now.

"I was jealous, alright? I mean she is just a bloody nerd for God sake, she isn't even that great. The whole time yesterday, your beta was speaking about her like she was some Goddess. I mean she is a filthy human."

"Enough. The filthy human is my mate, mine, the future Luna of this pack. Say one more word about her and I'll end your worthless life." I was one the verge of shifting. My wolf wanted out, he wanted the blood of the one who insulted his mate, he and I were thinking along the same lines.

We were all still for a second before the doorbell rang. My father got up from the couch and answered it while I took deep breaths to calm myself down. It wouldn't make a good sight if the person on the door will be subjected to the sight of a deeply marred teenage girl, not that I would raise my hand towards a girl. I wasn't a girl hitter but I am very sure that I cam convince Melissa to do it for me. Not that there would be much convincing required since she looked like she wanted to kill Sabrina a thousand different ways for insulting her friend.