Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Neveah's Pov

"Bye mom." I quickly said bye to my mom and went to school. 

I was late anyway, so I didn't bother hurrying. 

"Bye Neveah, stay safe baby girl." I didn't bother replying. What could go wrong in school? Anyway, I'm Neveah, the smartest girl in school. Oh wait! I'm the smartest person you will ever meet, but then again if you're surrounded by idiots, you feel like you are the best.

I gave my slip to the teacher and went to sit down at the seat. I was rarely late so this became an excuse for the class jocks to say something.

"What happened Nevy, so late?" Xavier, the head jock's right hand man commented. 

"I had a nightmare about you and some guy in bed Xavy. I was distraught," I replied in a totally innocent good girl tone.

Xavier's face fell at that. Well boy, should have thought before opening his useless mouth. Some other jock commented at that but I prefered not wasting my time on them.

The remaining periods went in the same way. Atlast, it was lunch, my favourite time. I didn't have a big group of friends. Actually I had no friends but that doesn't mean that I sit in a corner in the library and weep my heart out. 

I sit alone in a table. However today I had company. Mellisa, the head chearleader was at my table. Apart from being the queen bee, she was also by ex-bff.

We were best friends till the eight grade. Even though she was the height of dumbess, I actually liked her.

But everything changed in high school. Her hormones became out of control. She became the use and throw toilet paper while I became the loner nerd, not that I had a problem with it. 

She was obsessed with Easton Dale, the royal head jerk. She was, um, associated with him for a few times. When she is not with him, she is busy with the other idiot Xavier. Whenever she is upset or free, she sits with me for lunch.

We never speak, kind of a mutual agreement.

She was busy filing her nails. She never ate lunch, trying to maintain her bones and whatever little flesh was stuck to it.

I, on the other hand was enjoying my full plate of food. I wasn't plump but I wasn't skinny either and I was happy the way it was.

Lunch passed in the same silent atmosphere. Next was my least favourite class-Gym. It was the only class where I didn't shine. I was the last person on earth to run meters.

I changed into my Gym uniform which was a white tank top with the school logo and the bottom was red hot shorts. Pathetic! 

"Come on kids, we are playing volleyball today. I closed my eyes for some time, calmed myself and took my place near the net. 

To add to the misfortune, girls and boys were on different sides. How in the hell can we compete with the hulk like guys. 

Easton, Xavier and their other friends were huge with unnaturally huge muscles. I swear its not normal. They must on some drugs.

The game started and one by one everyone in our team started losing. Atlast me and Mellisa were left. Both of us were bad at the game. We sucked big time!

Easton then hit the ball on Mellisa, probably as a punishment for stalking him. In this particular situation, I don't blame him. Xavier then looked at me and gave a devil smirk. He took the ball and aimed at me. 

Luckily I was able to hit back. The ball went to quite a distance. Sadly, a small boy hit the ball towards Xavier who was looking at him. The sadder part, it hit Xavier in between his legs. The saddest part, the hit apparently hurt a lot.