Chapter 11

It Neveah pov of the same night and followig day.

Chapter 11

The next morning I got up with renewed vigor. A brand new day, a brand new start. I didn’t want to remember any of yesterday’s events. What happened at the idiot’s house was bad but what happened after that was worse.

I turned and gathered my mother and left. We were no longer needed here. If Brian wanted to come, he will do it on his own.

Ma didn’t say anything the whole way but I knew that she was angry and disappointed. Truth to be said, I never expected Easton to react the way he did. I thought about the whole event and what left my mouth but nothing I said could have made him react this way.

I was actually polite in the party yesterday. I didn’t want to disappoint Peter yesterday.

After we reached home, me and Ma had changed and were sitting on the couch. I had my head on her lap while she was humming something.

Tomorrow was Friday, then weekend!

Some time passed that way and I was almost asleep when I heard the loud screeching of tires on our driveway.

The door opened the next second and Brian stormed in. Boy, he looked pissed.

“Hey Brian.” I greeted in a cheerful voice as if some events didn’t occur a few hours ago. I got up from Ma’s lap and sat up straight.

“I’m so sorry Gina. I should have stopped it, I should have,” before he could continue, Ma stopped him.
“It was not you’re fault Brian. How would you know?”

“Seriously Gina, after all this you say that it is not my fault?” Brian sounded sad, he sounded disappointed.

Oh, come on! This wasn’t his fault. He didn’t know that this would happen at that place.

If it was someone’s fault, it was Easton’s. He is the reason for all this shit.

 Before either of us could talk another screeching of tires could be heard.

Who is it now? After two seconds entered a flustered looking Claire with her husband in tow. For a second, I thought that she was here to apologize but one look at her face made me think the exact opposite.

She wasn’t her to solve anything, I was sure about that. What did she want now?

“What did you do?” she shouted pointed her finger in my direction.

She went on with her acquisitions, “how could you disrespect him? Do you have any idea who he is?” she didn’t even wait for my answer before she went on and on. After some time, I sat down on the couch and started thinking ideas for Chemistry project.

For some more time she went on before her cell started ringing. Her eyes widened when she looked at the caller id. She hesitantly answered the phone. Whoever was on the phone didn’t sound happy. Next thing I know, she thrusts the phone in my direction. The caller id had no name so I put in on speaker.