Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Neveah's Pov

I waited siting on the bed, without switching on the light. I was afraid that Ma would some how come to know, since had no experience in this kind of thing. I was almost asleep when I heard a knock on the window.

I got up and went near the window. My eyes went the size of saucers as I looked at Ryder hanging from the tree branch near my window. How? I opened the window and said, "Get away from the tree Ryder, you are gonna break it." The tree was at least twice his age and I don't think the tree can handle his weight.

"So you are more worried about the tree rather about me?" He asked in his usual happy tone.

I narrowed my eyes and replied in a bitchy tone, "Obviously I am not worried about you, you are a dog, it is just a poor tree."

Ryder's eyes widened and he gave me a questioning glance. I just nodded."It is called a werewolf. not a dog. " He corrected me.

"Same thing."

"No, it is not. Now get away from the window and let me get inside." Ryder was back to his happy self again.

I just sighed and got away. I made him sit on the bed and switched on the samll light near the bed. I sat down near him on the bed.

"So, neveah why did you call me at this time of the night?" I sighed again and narrated to him the whole series of incidents that occured today. By the end of it, Ryder was laughing on the floor. I frowned, this was not funny. This was my life story. Well not mine, but his actually.

"It is not funny Ryder. He was a five year old child." I just couldn't fathom that how he can find my situation hilarious. I glared at him and he stopped laughing.

"You mean you have not seen an adult wolf?" Ryder asked suddenly. What did he mean by that? Was it important?

"No?" It was more a question than an answer.

"No wonder, I want to know your reaction when you see one. That is if you are concious after that." Again he was on the werge of laughing. I swear if ge starts laughing, I'm killing him.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"He means nothing." I heard a voice from my window.

"What are you doing here Xavier?" He was hanging from my window, what an improvement. At least the tree would be safe.

"Easton doesn't want you with him in your bedroom." Xavier said with the most serious voice possible. Seriously?

"And why do you think I care what Easton thinks?" Easton is the sole cause for all this. I was happy in my very normal world. And now I was cursing my brain as to why did I go to him asking for an explanation. Now, here I was, worried about a world that was not even mine.

"You should, you are living in his area." Xavier replied with a frown on his face. "This are belongs to the government, not him." Dumb guy. Did he not know this also? Area belongs to Easton, my foot.

"Actually not, this area does belong to him." Ryder spoke up from my bed on which he was currently laying on.

"Really?"

"Ya, it does belong,.." I cut him out, "I understood the first time, it was just and expression Ryder and stop irritating me."

He held up his hands in surrender. "Did you really run behind a five year old and couldn't keep up with him." Him and Xavier snickered together and did an air hi-five.