Chapter 25

(Nico's POV)

I quickly removed my fingers from her.

"Stay here." I ordered.

She looked at me confused. I quickly grabbed a towel and dried myself off. Shit shit shit....I thought as I quickly put my underwear and sweats back on. My mind was going a hundred miles an hour. Suddenly an idea popped in my head as I stopped hearing the shower running. I turned back around to Jaya still staring at me with those wide eyes.

"lay down on the floor."

"What?" she asked.

"There's no time. Lay down on the ground and look in pain." I said as I put my shirt back on. She tried to move as fast as she could. I saw her wince. fuck she's still healing. I mean it's only been about a day since I sewed her up from that fall. I'm amazed with all her movements she's not howling in pain. I quickly turned the water from Hot to Cold; Jaya jerked straight up eyes wide staring at me.

"FUCK!!!" she yelled out quickly scooting away from the water. I quickly turned it back to hot as I began to hear the footsteps get quicker and closer. I hopped into the shower my clothes and hair getting soaked. I grabbed her just as the door burst open and Luca ran in.

"JAYA!! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!" He asked pulling the door open.

"I don't know....she told me she was gonna take a shower so I waited outside. Next thing I know I heard her scream and rushed in here." I lied forcing my breaths to come out ragged like I had just ran a half sprint instead of what had happened just seconds before.

"Oh my god babe! Are you alright?! What happened?" He said running a hand down her face. I had to turn my face away. The worry and care showing just hit me even harder how fucked up this situation was that her and I were in and also perpetuating.

Jaya forced her eyes to look at him, "I don't know babe....I was just fine....and then...."

"shh...." he said putting a finger over her mouth, "it's alright. I just thank God Dad was here."

My eyes met Jaya's as she slightly smirked at me, "yes....thank God for your dad." I sighed as I forced a smirk back.

This whole situation is fucked up. I figured after the dinner, that definitely should've been the end of things. She's my son's fiance, his future wife. That was the mantra I had to keep telling myself that first month. The anger I felt then was really bad. I took a personal leave of absence the day after our first shift back because I knew I couldn't face Jaya given what had happened during the dinner. Yea I had been an asshole true, but how was I supposed to act? Act like that shit didn't bother me? Act like the months of us flirting and even hooking up were nothing? So of course when they opened the door and I saw her, my mind went blank. And when Luca announced her as his fiancee, I just wanted to shut the door and just pretend that I didn't see the smile on his face and the meek worry in hers. Yet, the next time I saw her at work the day after my absence, I had to keep my distance. It wasn't just because she was my son's fiance, but of the effect she still had on me. All during that shift, the way she smelled, the jokes she made, the way she wore that damn messy bun on her head: it all got to me. That night....that night after my shift, I went home and masturbated like I hadn't done since I had first learned what sex was. As I laid gasping on my bed looking up at the ceiling after my third orgasm, I knew that I could not be around her for long. If I did my nights would keep being this and there's nothing sadder than an old man with hurt feelings and a sore dick. So, I told her it'd be better if she went back to the nursing floor outside of our surgeries and consultations. I was honest with her during that talk in the office. When I heard her spill her guts out and how she thought it was all because I hated her, I had to put the record straight. I didn't hate her, I mean I should've after the dinner but that's another story.