Chapter 1: Mistaken

TO THE READER/S

Hi!

I know the feeling of having just finished a good story. And moving on to a new one is hard. But I promise you, this one's worth a try. Give it a chance.

I'll try my very best to improve everything, so please bear with me!

THANKS!

ENJOY!

Ryann

Victory's mine! I told myself as I ran out of school, totally ignoring the cheerleaders' loud jeers of derision and mockeries about my sense of fashion, which was my usual big hooded shirt, my skinny jeans and my Converse. I'm comfortable with it.

I was on my way home, riding my skateboard with my iPod banging on my eardrums. I ditched our school service because Mr. Parkinson -my school bus driver- always makes fun of me the moment my feet touch his bus floor.

I was already in town, far from my school bus's route. I passed by a familiar ice cream parlour where my mother used to bring me, Danica, and my best friend. My best friend huh? More like my dumper of a friend.

I turned away from the sight, not wanting to be reminded of my bittersweet past.

Kicking the pavement harder, I was so eager to get home, because I need to resume reading my current novel. I hasten my pace, still careful to prevent another accident. Speaking of which, I remember myself falling down the school stairs yesterday. I was so busy reading my English textbook for a last minute review on our quiz, and then bam! I found myself sprawled on the floor. Students started-

"Ouch!" I wasn't able to finish my reminiscence. I was already ten times careful enough so as to not run into anything, when a stinky baggage went hurtling towards my face and I fell on my back.

"Watch it thickhead!" My schoolmate calls out to me, riding a Jeep Wrangler along with his friends.

"What the hell, Mason! You shrimp!" Totally forgetting that I'm outnumbered, I bellowed at the guy who just threw his duffel bag on my face.

"What did you just call me? Shrimp?" He got out of his vehicle and stride to my direction.

"Are you deaf?!" I don't think he would hurt a girl, that's why I provoke him further. His friends sniggered to my pleasure.

"Talk back and you'll know your place." He threatens me, his nose flared.

"Oh I know my place, alright." I mocked. I've had enough of all of them picking on me.

"You insolent-" He said through gritted teeth, his hands balled into fists.