Shelves

Prompt # 11 - 'You were trying to reach for a box of cereal and a whole shelf's worth of cereal boxes fell on you. Let me help.'

XxXx

Nico hates shopping. His roommates, Percy and Jason, knew this.

But somehow, Nico always got grocery shopping duty.

"You're gay," Percy reasoned once, "aren't you supposed to like that kind of stuff?" Nico scoffed, completely offended.

"Just because I'm gay doesn't mean I like that kind of stuff, asshole," Nico grumbled.

Moral of the story, Nico always got stuck with the shopping and Percy had a death wish.

And that's why, one Saturday afternoon, Nico was in his car driving to the store.

As soon as he stepped through the automatic doors, he sighed. It normally took Nico forever in the store because Percy and Jason were always sending him multiple texts, not just a list like a normal person. Sometimes, one of them would send him a text after he left the store, and he would have to turn around.

But, he supposes, being the one in charge of the shopping has its perks.

Like getting what you want (if it's in budget, of course) and getting a reason to get away from the two monsters that were his 'friends' and getting to see the hot and tall blonde that has the best hair and the most amazing smile and dimples and wonderfully beautiful sky blue eyes and don't even get him started on those freckles and arms and-

Yeah, Nico didn't really mind the fact he had to do the shopping since the blonde started working here.

The blonde - his name is Will Solace - and him talked a couple times. Nothing special or anything, just a comment or two. And his voice was angelic, so was his laugh. And he always managed to have a smile, no matter what he was doing. Cleaning, restocking, getting the buggies from outside, working the check out line - it didn't matter what he was doing, Nico hadn't seen him without a smile once.

But that still didn't mean he liked the general idea of shopping though. Especially when things he needed where on the higher shelves. Like, who's terrible idea was it to make shelves so fucking tall? Some tall ass fucker, that's who. He was either in a fight with a less privileged person and decided to make a shelf as tall as him in spite and the whole tall shelf thing caught on, or he simply didn't give two shits about the shorties - my bad, less privileged - people there.

And, admittedly, that's how he ended up on the floor in the breakfast isle surrounded and covered by cereal boxes.

Either way, he liked to make his current situation Percy's fault. He was almost out of the hell hole when he remembered Percy's cereal that he just had to have.

He pondered if he should actually get or if he should just head home and break the news, but ultimately decided he didn't want to hear Percy's complaints.

But, of course, the cereal was on the top fucking shelf. And so he decided he would climb the shelf. Which, again, didn't end well.

Grumpily, he sat up and rubbed his elbow with a pout. Sitting up, he heard a soft chuckled and looked over to see Will standing in all his wonderful glory at the end of the isle, and blushed slightly.

"You okay?" He asked in amusement, walking over and giving Nico a hand.

"Yeah," Nico replied quietly, "I'm fine, but I'd like to file a complaint about these ridiculously tell shelves."

"Well," Will reasoned with a smile, "The average person can actually rea-"

"Don't finish that comment," Will chuckled at Nico's glare.

"Here, let me help you put these back on the shelves,' Will said, picking up a few boxes.

"You don't have to,"  Nico quickly replied.

"You were trying to reach for a box of cereal and a whole shelf's worth fell on you. Let me help, I really don't mind," Will laughed, grabbing more boxes and setting them in order on the shelf.

Nico nods, grabbing boxes and putting them back (with slight difficulty) as well, and they worked in relative silence (minus the fact that Will was humming quietly).

When they were done, Nico looked at Will.

"Why does this store have so many tall shelves?" Nico pouted, and Will smile at the cuteness of it.

"I don't know," he answered with a shrug " it's, uh, it's actually kind of cute seeing you try to reach for stuff, honestly. Your on your tip toes and you have this determined expression," Will looked away, blushing, "your shirt also kind of rides up. I just think it's adorable," he looked back over to see Nico looking down, his ears a lovely shade of crimson and a soft smile on his lips.

"Th-Thanks?" He replied, and Will laughed.

"My name is Will, by the way."

"I know," and, at Will's raised eyebrow, quickly amended himself, "I- I mean you have a name tag," Nico blushed, looking up at his sky blue eyes. Will smiled in response, looking down said name tag.

"I always forget I have a name tag,"

"Uh, I'm Nico," He introduced.

"Well, Nico," Will grinned grabbing a pen from his pocket, "Can I see you arm really quick?"

Nodding, Nico raised his arm, and Will started scrawling numbers along his forearm, and when he was done, Will's grin only widened.

"Call me, okay?"

"Ye- Yeah. Sure," Nico answered with a smile as he memorized Will's digits.

"See you later, Nico," Will called as he was walking away.

"Bye," Nico replied softly, a small, dopey smile on his features.

XxXx

Yay I'm alive, gotta four day weekend, AND no social life. Also I've had this one idea swirling in my head but it's not really a one shotish thing . . It's would be more of a bookish thing? But then I have those two books on hold and I don't really want to start another one 😂

(Also I've been terrible with editing my one shots, meaning this one is also unedited haha kms)

Words: 1008