Chapter 55

I can’t go to sleep. It’s 10 o’clock at night and I keep on thinking of marriage. I want this. I need this. I need reassurance. I need her to not leave me. If she ever leaves me I honestly don’t know what I would do. I would be so angry with myself if she actually did leave me.

The jewlrers open at 9am and so before Alex wakes up I will run down there and get a ring. I can’t believe I’m doing this. I’m so ready for it though. What if she doesn’t say yes? Hell, proposing now is not the best time but I have to.

I walk towards the bedroom door and peak through the crack of the door and see Alex sleeping. I dare to open the door a bit more. I wish I could crawl in bed with her and pull her close to me. I will take her out somewhere tomorrow night and confess everything I have been hiding and if I’m lucky, she will say yes when I propose.

I need to go to sleep if I’m going to buy the perfect diamond ring tomorrow.

Alex’s POV

I wake up to the smell of bacon. It smells amazing and I jump up to get to the kitchen. I see Niall making pancakes. I smile to myself. How long can I stay mad at him? He turns to face me and smiles. That dazzling smile makes me melt.  I’m deeply in love with him. I can’t ever fall out of love with him. I can’t even explain the ways he makes me feel.

“Good morning” he smiles and puts 2 pancakes and 2 pieces of bacon on a plate. He pours a glass of grape juice

I always have juice in the morning for breakfast. It has been that way since I was 6 years old.

“You didn’t have to do that” I say shyly

“Yeah I did. Also, I’m a pretty good cook” he smirks

“I’ll just have to see” I laugh lightly and Niall grabs my plate and sets it on the table

The food is so good. More, than good. Fantastic. Actually.

“It’s so good” I say cutting into my second pancake

“I’m glad” he says and sits down next to me

He soon grabs my hand and gives it a light squeeze. I raise an eyebrow. He opens his mouth but soon closes it.

“I want to take you out tonight” Niall says a bit uneasy

“Niall I don’t know about this” I say  back

“Please, Alex” he pleads

“Alright” I say

“Perfect” he flashes a smile

I smile back. He is so irresistible. I’m absolutely in love with this man and I’m so helpless when it comes with him.

He might have told me terrible things and in the past we got into many fights but that’s the past. I want answers though but my mind is blurry right now. I’m staring at his perfect lips and then my eyes go to his eyes.

“Alex, you there?” Niall asks

I don’t even answer. I rush over to him and attack his lips. I straddle his lap and wrap my arms around his neck. I can tell he is completely surprised but he soon gives in. I continue to kiss him and this has given me strength. My body is on fire and I have the biggest adrenaline rush ever and I want more.

“Alex” he says and moves his lips to my neck

“This feels so wrong” I exclaim

“We shouldn’t be doing this” he says

“I’m sorry” I mumble and get off his lap

“Alex, I’m so-“ he says and tries to follow me into the bedroom

“I have a headache. Thank you for breakfast” I say with an awkward smile

I close the door and slide down it. I shouldn’t have done that. We are on bad terms but I couldn’t help it.

I get up and walk into the bedroom and take out 3 gel tablets. I begin to question myself. It’s just advil. I should take more. I take out 3 more gel tablets and swallow all the medicine. I crawl back into bed and I soon fall asleep.

~

“Alex” I feel 2 arms shake me

I open my eyes to see Niall on top of me with worried eyes.

“Yeah?” I mumble

“You scared the living shit out of me. You weren’t waking up for a moment” he says with caution

Oh.

Too many tablets?

“I guess I was in a deep sleep” I giggle

Stop lying to yourself.

“Yeah, maybe you were” he says with an awkward smile

I have slept all day. I was only awake for 30 minutes and then went back to sleep.

“So, you want to go out? We’re just going somewhere casual” Niall shrugs

“Alright” I mumble

I grab a pair of ripped white jeans and a black t -shirt. I grab a pair of sandals and a jacket.

“Ready?” he asks

Niall’s POV

I put the ring in my pocket. I went to wake her up but she wouldn’t wake up at first. I started panicking. Maybe she was in a deep sleep like she said? We walk out the door and I wave down a taxi. I have decided to take her to the Eiffle Tower. Then we can stop in a bakery and get some sweets. I know she likes crème brulee so we should get some.

I grab her hand and we walk onto the ‘field’ of the Eiffle Tower.

“Alex! I don’t know how to put it but I’m madly in love with you. I have fucked up so much but that’s going to stop okay? I say that every time but I promise! Yes, I lied to you about being a virgin and I honestly don’t know why! That day was one of the best days of my life! I don’t give a shit if my brother heard us but making love to you was the best thing I have ever done! Since I’m telling you all these things I’m going to tell you I use to smoke pot. Not so bad but if I’m going to be straight up honest with you. Also, I did get a DUI in Ireland. I have gotten in trouble by the law! But in the end you have made me a better man. Alex, life without you would be terrible! I’m so in love with you!

I bend down on one knee and say the words the words that will change my whole future.

“Alex, will you marry me?” I ask