Chapter 46

I’m very glad that the interstate isn’t absolutely packed. I’m going 55 miles per hour and I don’t plan on stopping. I need to find her as soon as possible. She’s scaring me and I know she needs me as much as I need her. We just need to get away from this town. All it does is cause problems. Our relationship has been tested so many times but this situation won’t stop me from rebuilding our relationship back. I fucked up and I admit that and I guess I should have told but if I did what would we had done?

Everything in my car is dead silent.  I don’t want any sound in it besides Alex’s voice. I absolutely love her voice. It isn’t squeaky or anything it’s the perfect tune. The voice of an angel.

I wonder what she’s doing right now? If she’s at a hotel is she swimming in the pool? Is she eating lunch? Is she walking the beach? I just want to find her and hold her. Tell her that everything is going to be okay.

I soon exit the interstate and I’m by the “Daytona Mall”. I have no fucking clue where this hotel is. I’m trying to remember where she said it was. I remember it was the night before we left for our horrible trip to Vegas she told me about the beach.

On hammock road…

The blah blah paradise resort.

I decide to pull into a CVS and ask a worker there if they know where the road is and maybe the hotel. I walk in and grab a pack of gum and go to check out.

“How are you today?” the older man asks me

“I’m good. Do you know where Hammock road is?” I ask

“Certainly. After you exit the parking lot you’ll go straight and stop at the second red light. Then you turn left” he says

“Thanks. On the road have you heard of a something paradise resort? I can’t remember what the full name is but I need to get there” I say quickly

“Oh the Hampton Paradise Resort?” he asks

Yes! That’s what it’s called!

“Yes! Where is that on Hammock road?” I ask

“After you turn onto the road it’s 10 hotels down” he says impatiently because there’s about 5 people ready to check out

“Thanks!” I say and run to my car

I’m quickly in the car and I soon arrive on the 2nd red light.

“C’mon. c’mon” I mutter to myself

Soon it turns green and I’m speeding down the road. I’m 5 hotels away from the resort before I hear sirens.

Great, just fucking great.

I pull over on the side of the road and I look at the mirror and see a middle aged man coming to my car.

“Son, do you know how fast you were going?” he asks me bitterly

“I guess over the speed limit” I say

“License and registration “ he snaps

I pull out my license and take out my registration papers and hand them to him.

“I’m not giving you a ticket this time but the speed limit is 30 miles per hour and you were going 40 miles per hour” he says and then walks back to his cop car

Jesus Christ.

I soon arrive in the hotel parking lot and anxiously walk to the concierge.

“Hello, how can I help you?” a woman asks with a squeaky voice