Storms

A/N: YES it is slightly based off of my one-shot. I like the idea. Sue me :P

It had been hours since Levi and I had spoken, but the pain from his words was still fresh. The worst part was that he was right. I left him to suffer in the Underground while I made it to the surface, where my life was changed for the better. All the while he was still stealing to survive, and even joined the Survey Corps. He could have died and I never would have known as I played hide and seek with Eren. The rain falling from the overhanging clouds was enough to finally head inside, where I decided to talk to Levi as my friend, instead of my superior. Hopefully I would not be sent on infinite laps for it, but I had to clear things up with him. My boots padded against the hard ground lightly and my damp scarf swayed as I approached his door with caution.

"He's your friend," I reassured myself, knocking on the door twice.

There was only silence, so i knocked once more.

"Levi? Corporal may I come in?" I asked.

He gave no response. Fear for his life overcame the fear of punishment as I took a deep breath and pushed the door open, revealing the corporal sitting on his bed and facing the wall. He was muttering the names Isabel and Farlan under his breath.

"Levil?" I questioned gently.

"Get out," he rasped as a slight tremor ran up his spine.

I gasped slightly at the sound of pain in his voice, ignoring and excusing his rudeness. Instead of following his order, I walked towards him slowly.

"Levi," I repeated.

The closeness of my voice caused his head to jerk around, revealing his pained expression. A clap of thunder nearly sent him tumbling off the bed, but I lunged forward to steady him. He shoved my hand away and leaned against the wall, breathing heavily.

"Levi, please tell me what's wrong," I pleaded, holding his gaze with my own.

"They're dead."

"Who-"

"And you'll be next," he interrupted frantically, trying to revert back to his stoic self.

"Who is dead Levi?" I asked softly.

"Isabel and Farlan," he choked out.

"It's all my fault. Humanities' Strongest can't even protect his own friends in a thunderstorm. Tch. How pathetic."

"Levi unless you killed them yourself, it is not your fault."

"It's my fault we were out there in the first place! If I had gotten the documents from Erwin sooner we never would've had to go on that blasted expedition. I could've made them stay behind at the very least. I never should've left them in the rain with that damn squad leader!" The corporal now had a mad glint in his eye that was quickly replaced by sadness and terror as another thunderclap sounded.