Highschool AU

I've never done an AU before so I hope this turns out okay.  Let me know if you want me to do more AUs or just stop here
❤️

Alec stood at his locker taking out his books. When he closed the locker he began to walk away but his path was blocked by Magnus Bane. Alec fancied him😏  Nobody knew Alec was gay except for Jace and Izzy, his best friend and sister. Although it seemed Magnus had a good idea as well. Magnus was popular and glamorous. He wore amazing clothes that fitted his body perfectly and make up that had a lot of glitter. He had beautiful bronze skin and deep brown eyes- Alec cut his thoughts off when he realised he was staring at a smirking Magnus. Alec blushed deeply and pulled his textbook closer to his chest. Alec was one of the smartest people in the school and he was very awkward around people, Magnus was one of the smartest people in school but basically everyone loved him. Magnus is one of those people who doesn't seem to study much but still are incredibly smart. "So Alexander," Alec loved it when Magnus called him that, "I was wondering if you were free later this evening, we could go to the movies, grab a bite to eat?" Magnus asked. As much as Alec liked Magnus he couldn't let his parents find out that he was gay. "Sorry, I'm not gay." Magnus raised his eyebrows, "Are you sure?" Magnus asked, "Sorry I shouldn't have said that, well here's my number is you change your mind." Magnus slipped a piece of paper into Alec's hand and was about to walk away when Raj stopped him. Raj was kinda Alec's friend but Alec didn't like him. "Alec is he annoying you?"Alec was about to say no when Raj turned to Magnus, "You come near him again, fag, and I'll punch you in your make up covered face."
"Got it." Magnus said smoothly, smiled and walked away.
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
After school Alec told Jace and Izzy that he would walk home instead of getting a ride with them. The had their girlfriend and boyfriend with them and more if their popular friends. Alec was the only one of them that wasn't popular. People told him that he was good looking but he never believed them. Magnus was a couple of steps in front of him walking beginning to walk down the street. Their houses were fairly close to each other. Alec took a deep breath. Paused to look at something you can only see from behind and called his name. Magnus turned to see who it was and saw Alec. He waited for Alec to catch up before walking again, this time with Alec at his side. "I wanted to say I'm sorry for what happened with Raj."
"Oh it's fine, not your fault."
"But I didn't say anything to him."
"Alexander, it's fine." Magnus bumped his shoulder into Alec's. Alec smiled, "You were right, by the way, I am gay I just don't want my parents to find out, they won't be happy about it."
"Do you know that your parents won't be happy, maybe they'll be okay with it."
"I don't think so, my parents are very traditional people."
"I see, so you won't ever come out to them?"
"I think I will eventually but not just yet."
"So about that date later?"
"You wouldn't mind that you have to keep it a secret, for a while anyway?"
"Of course not, so is that a yes?"
"Yes." Alec smiled at Magnus.
"Great, I'll see you at the cinema at 7?"
"Yea that's perfect."
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
Alec walked in to his house with a smile on his face and his books held close to his chest. "What are you smiling at?" Izzys voice came down he hall. She and Jace walked down the hall to him together. "Uh- I uh-" Alec sighed, "I'm going out with Magnus later."
Izzy screamed slightly and wrapped her arms around Alec, "Omg Alec please let me help you get ready!!"
"Fine but only something that I would actually wear."
"Thank you!" Izzy dragged Alec up the stairs to his room.
"Izzy were not going until 7."
"And it's 4.30 now, so I'll get your outfit ready then your hair and we will talk about what you'd going to do."
"This is so much more complicated than I thought it was."
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
Two hours and fifteen minutes later Alec was ready for his date. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a blue holister top. He had black out converse and some bracelets around his wrist.
"Can I drive you, I wanna talk to this Magnus one." Jace asked.
"You can drive me, but your not talking to him."
"Fine, I'll take that."
When they arrived at the cinema Magnus was standing outside looking amazing as ever. He was wearing a red jumper with zips at the shoulders and black pants with red lines weaving through them. He was wearing a little make up and minimal glitter. Alec thought he looked amazing a stared for a minute before opening the door. Jace grabbed his arm, "I hope it goes well Alec."
"Thanks Jace, see you later." Alec got out of the car and walked up to Magnus who was smiling, "Alexander, you look amazing."
"Not as amazing as you." Alec replied blushing.
"Well thank you."
"So what are we watching?"
"'It' if that's okay?"
"Yea sounds good."
Magnus bought the tickets and Alec bought the snacks. Alec order a small popcorn, twislers and a coke and Magnus ordered a small popcorn, M&Ms and a Fanta. They took their seats at the back and realised there were only two other people there. Alec opened his twislers, bit the ends off one and stuck it in his coke like a straw.
"Alexander, can I ask what you are doing?"
"Oh I'm using the twisler as a straw, when Izzy, Jace and I were younger we always did this."
"Oh, do you mind if I try?" Alec gave Magnus a twisler and he did the same as Alec. The movie began to the lights went off.
Alec didn't get scared at the jump scares but Magnus did. He would grab Alec's arm or pull his shirt. Alec had watched a lot of horror movies growing up so he was used to the scares but Magnus obviously wasn't. Alec was enjoying the movie and was laughing a Magnus. There was a tense scene near the end of the movie and Alec saw Magnus get nervous beside him. Like he would have done with Izzy he put his hand in Magnus'. He realised what he had just done out of habit and was about to withdraw his hand when Magnus gripped his hand tightly. Alec smiled slightly and watched the rest of the movie.
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
After the movie they got a Taco Bell and began walking home. "How did you not even jump?" Magnus asked.
"I don't know, I'm kinda just used to horror movies now, it was good though wasn't it?"
"Yea it was great but I will not be able to sleep tonight." Alec laughed. Magnus jumped and grabbed Alec's hand when a dog came out of the bush beside them. Alec laughed and squeezed Magnus' hand. Magnus sighed and calmed down but didn't take his hand out of Alec's.
They arrived at Magnus' house first and Alec walked him to the door. Magnus turned to Alec, "I had a great time tonight."
Alec smiled, "so did I."
"Can we do it again sometime?"
"Yea that would be great."
"Well you have my number so I'll call you?"
"Great." Magnus smiled and stepped closer to Alec. Alec's heart was racing when Magnus cupped Alec's cheek and leaned into him. Alec put his hands on Magnus' waist and closed the gap between their lips. Magnus kissed him softly before pulling away, "Goodnight Alexander." Magnus smiled.
"Night." Was all Magnus could manage. Magnus turned around and walked into his house. Alec stood there for a second smiling like and idiot before turning around and walking home.
Alec walked through the door still smiling ear to ear only to be greeted by Izzy and Jace. "Omg your smiling, how did it go, did you kiss?" Izzy rambled.
"Uh- yes?" Alec said. Izzy smiled massively and pulled Alec into a hug. Jace clapped Alec on the back, "I knew you would make me proud." Alec laughed.
"So when are you going out again." Just then Alec's phone rang and Magnus' name came up on the screen. "Excuse me, I gotta go." Alec showed them the screen before answering and walking up the stairs to his room...

Did you like it? It was quite long. Tell me if you want me to do more AUs. Personally I love AU malec.
❤️

Word count:1486