Maryse and the ring

"Magnus hurry up, I'm getting bored!" Alec called from the sofa. The popcorn was on the table along with two cokes. There was a knock at the door and Alec went to see who it was. He opened the door and his mother, Maryse Lightwood, stood on the other side. "Hello Alec- Why aren't you wearing clothes?" Alec stood in only his boxer shorts. "Because it's only me and Magnus here, is everything okay?

"Everything is fine, I just came to give this wine to Magnus as a thank you gift for helping me with something," Maryse gestured to the bottle in her hand, "I'm glad you chose Magnus, he really is lovely. I regret everything I said about him before, I really do."

"I'm happy I chose him too mother, how did you know that was his favourite wine?"

"We got a chance to talk, after he helped me, he portaled us to a nice café in Paris, he's quite the charmer." Alec smiled, Magnus and his mother getting along was something he never thought would happen, "Well, come on in, he should be out soon."

Just then, Magnus walked out of their bedroom wearing sweat pants and one of Alec's jumpers, "Maryse, hello!"

"Hello Magnus, I just stopped by to give you this to say thank you." She held out the wine bottle to him which he took, "Maryse, you shouldn't have!"

"It's nothing really, I should get going though, looks like you two have plans."

"Well, thank you very much." Magnus gave Maryse a hug.

"Oh it's alright, Alec do you mind if I talk to you for a minute, outside?" Magnus and Maryse said their goodbyes and Alec followed Maryse outside.

When they got out the door Maryse turned to Alec, "I think you should give Magnus your Lightwood ring."

Alec smiled, "Really, I mean that's a big step?"

"I really do think so, I mean, I see the way you look at each other, I can tell you two are in love, if your ready I think you should."

"I think I'm ready, I'll give it to him tomorrow I think."

Alec said goodbye to his mother and joined Magnus back on the sofa, "Everything okay?" Magnus asked when Alec sat down. Alec wrapped his arm around Magnus and played the movie, "Yeah, everything's fine, she was just asking about Jace, Izzy and my new training schedule."

Magnus nodded and snuggled against Alec. 'This feels right'
___________________________
Alec rubbed his sweaty hands against his jeans once again. What if he didn't want the ring? That would get so awkward. No, it will be fine. Alec rolled the ring around in his fingers. Alec heard the keys rattle in the door before Magnus stepped through holding loads of bags. He and Caterina went out shopping today, "Alec! Your home early," Magnus said when he saw Alec sitting on the sofa, "I got you something." Alec pocketed the ring as Magnus dug through his bags. He found what he was looking for and hid it behind his back, "Okay, close your eyes and hold your hands out." Alec chuckled and did as he was told. He felt soft material touch his hands, "Okay, open your eyes." There was a black sparkly jumper, "Not that I don't like your jumpers, they just lack a bit if pizzazz."
"Thank you Magnus." Alec laughed and gave him a quick peck on the lips. He took a deep breath, "I actually have something for you too."
"Oh really?" Magnus was surprised.
"Close your eyes and hold out your hands." Alec said in a mocking tone. Magnus rolled his eyes but did it.
"Just remember you don't have to take it if you don't want it, okay?"
Magnus' eyebrows furrowed, "Okay?"
Alec took the ring out of his pocket and placed it in Magnus' hand, "Okay open." Magnus opened his eyes and look at the ring. Magnus' cat eyes widened, "Your family ring?!"
"Yeah, I want you to have it, you know, if you want it." Alec was looking at the ground and was playing with a thread on his jumper. Magnus put his finger under Alec's chin and gently made him look up. When Alec looked up, looking shy, Magnus kissed him slowly and full of love. "Thank you so much Alexander." He whispered. Alec smiled leaned his forehead against Magnus'. Magnus slipped the ring on and held his hand up, "Perfect." He giggled and looked at Alec, "I love you Alexander."
"I love you too Magnus."

Did you like it? I was thinking about doing an AU malec but I can't think of any, so if you have any ideas of what Magnus and Alec would be in any AU universe let me now.
❤️