The key

Alec was coming over soon. Magnus and Alec were going on a date tonight and Magnus was going to surprise Alec. It was nothing big, or was it? He was going to give Alec a key to his apartment. I think it's safe to say Magnus was nervous. What would happen if he didn't want the key? Magnus put the key in his pocket as the he heard the buzzer. He let Alec in and have him a quick peck on the lips, "You look handsome." Magnus said to Alec who blushed lightly.
"Thanks, so do you."
Magnus smiled and kissed his boyfriend. Alec kissed him back and smiled against Magnus' lips.
"We better get going or we are going to be late for our dinner."
"Okay"
Magnus took Alec's hand they walked to the restaurant hand in hand.

Thankfully it wasn't that far away from Magnus' apartment so they didn't have far to walk. The restaurant was beautiful with a view of the city.
Alec and Magnus took their seats beside a big glass window and ordered drinks.
Alec looked at the menu confused. He had never heard of such fancy food. He didn't really know what anything was so Magnus ordered for both of them.
Magnus had a good taste in food so Alec trusted him.
Alec looked around the room. It was massive and very modern. He stared in awe at his surroundings. Magnus really knew some good spots. Magnus took Alec's hand across the table, "Enjoying yourself?"
Alec's nodded and smiled, "Thank you Magnus."
Magnus smiled back. They looked at each other in silence. It wasn't the awkward silence that everyone hated, it was the perfect silence that made you feel like it was just you and them. The food arrived and Alec learned that what Magnus ordered was just steak in French, it was the best steak he ever had though. Magnus and Alec finished the dinner in record time. It was amazing.

Magnus payed for dinner and he and Alec walked back to the apartment. Magnus began to get nervous again. It was nearly time to give him the key, 'Magnus it's just a key what are you so worried about?' He thought. Magnus opened the door and closed it behind Alec, Alec turned to him.
"Thank you Magnus for everything tonight."
"It's okay, but I actually have one more thing for you"
'Okay here goes' Magnus thought.
He reached into his pocket and took out the key. Alec look confused and surprised at the same time.
"It's a key to my apartment so you don't have to knock all the time and wait for me to answer the door"
Alec smiled and took the key from Magnus who let out a breath he didn't realise he was holding. Alec kissed him hard and whispered "Thank you, I love you Magnus."
"I love you too"

Alec decided to stay the night and he and Magnus changed into pjs and cuddled on the couch. When they went to bed they stripped down the their underwear and crawled into bed beside each other.
'Well that went better than I thought it would' Magnus thought and moved closer to Alec. Magnus kissed him goodnight and fell asleep in his arms.