Chapter Twelve | Snakes

I got barely any sleep that night since I couldn't stop thinking about what Jack had said, and also the fact that I was on a moving bus the whole night.

I mean, I could like it? What the heck is that supposed to mean?

It was around seven when I finally decided to get off of my bunk that was under Noah's, before getting up and grabbing a packet of chips on a nearby table and sitting on the couch with my phone.

I was one of the few, or even the only one awake. I went into Snapchat and looked at my friends stories. Most of them were in Toronto and others were either somewhere in the world traveling or at university.

"Chips for breakfast?" A voice says from in front of me. I look up to see Corbyn. He had messy hair and ran his hand through it. I laugh and nod, offering him some. He takes one and sits close to me.

I smile and he smiles back. "Are we the only ones awake?" I ask. He nods.

"I think Jonah might be waking up soon." He says. I nod slowly as his eyes catch mine. We stare at each other for awhile, just examining one another. I see his eyes scan across my face, from my eyes to my lips. I feel suddenly nervous as he starts to slowly lean in.

Holy shit. This was actually happening!?

I then hear the sound of Jonah waking up. Not knowing what else to do, I look away from Corbyn and down at my phone. He seams disappointed and I obviously felt a little bad. A few seconds went by of silence before he spoke again.

"Wanna watch a movie?" He asks.

I smile and nod. "What movie?"

Corbyn hums for a second before clicking his fingers. "Toy Story."

A grin spreads across my face and I nod like crazy. "Oh my gosh, yes! I haven't seen that movie in literally years." I exclaim. Corbyn laughs and takes my phone from me and types it in. I get my headphones and give him one earbud before putting it in he's ear and the other in mine.

-/-/-

We all jump out of the bus and see we were literally in the middle of nowhere. Bill had dropped us in a deserted place full of loose rocks and boulders. It was mainly just so we could all get air or for us to run around and stretch our legs.

We all ran down and started climbing and walking in different directions. I could hear the boys doing an Instagram Story. I ran up to Jonah who then pulls something out from the rocks.

"A boogie board? Oh my gosh." Jonah says blooming up the board that he had found in the rocks.

"What the heck." I laugh. "Out of all the things you could find here, you find a freaking boogie board?"

"Haha, I guess so." Jonah says as my eyes turn to Noah who was trotting along the rocks.

"Where are you going?" I cheer running up to her. She turns to face me and shows me her hand. It was a ring with a half moon symbol and a diamond in a bit of the moon. I look at it closely. If you knew Noah, you would know that she had this obsession with the galaxy and the night sky. "I love it, so you." I smile.

We start walking along the rocks before we catch a glimpse of something under a rock, and I swear it was moving.

"What is it?" Noah asks. I shrug as we both bend down to lift the rock up. "On three," Noah says. I nod and we put our hands on a part of the rock, ready to lift.

"One, two, three," We chant in sync before throwing the rock off of the mysterious moving thing. My eyes widen as the object was revealed.

A snake.

I had no clue what type it was, but I didn't care. We scream and start running as fast as we could without falling flat on our faces. Noah starts jumping over rocks with me close behind her. "I swear it's following us!" I yell to her. Suddenly the bus was in view, so we both jumped onboard and collapsed on the couch completely exhausted.

I look up at Noah before suddenly bursting out with laughter. One by one, the boys walk in.

"What the heck?" Jonah laughs.

"There was a snake and it looked freaking like the devil just sent his minion to kill us." Noah says in between breaths. Jonah laughs some more before heading over to his bunk.

Finally I think I had calmed down from what had just happened, and I decided to tell Corbyn about it. I jump up from the couch before hopping out the bus and going to find him.

Corbyn was a good few meters away from the bus, so I cautiously made my way over to him while jumping over any places snakes could come out of.

"Hey Kelsey-" He smiles before I cut him off.

"I nearly died." I exclaim. He raises an eyebrow and laughs.

"And how did your near death experience happen?" He asks.

"Well, I was with Noah juts hanging out around the rocks, when for some reason we decided to lift this rock up because we saw something moving under it-"

"Ok this already sounds stupid. Why the heck would you lift a rock up if something was moving under it?"

"Shh bean, I'm not finished yet." I say. "So we lifted this rock up and all of a sudden, a freaking snake jumped out!" I exclaim getting shivers at the thought of it. Corbyn chuckles a little and runs a hand through his blonde hair.

"I'm glad it didn't get you." He smiles.

I smile back at him. "Naw look at you being all caring and shit." I laugh. He shrugs.

"What, I am happy that you didn't get hurt." He says. I try to contain a stupid grin but probably fail epically.

-/-/-

I leave Corbyn and come back to the bus around ten minutes later. I hop onboard to see everyone staring at me. I'm going to be honest, it was a little intimidating.

I look at them all closely. Zach had a little smirk, Daniel had a suspicious smile, Jonah wasn't looking me in the eyes, Jack was giving me a cheeky glance and Noah was looking out at Corbyn before saying.

"Umm, can I help you?" I ask.

"Isn't he cute." Noah says completely out of topic.

"Who?" I ask.

"Corbyn. I mean, don't you agree Kels?" She says.

I shrug and look out at him longingly. "Yeah, I guess he is." I murmur.

"You like him!" Noah suddenly cheers. I shake my head vigorously with my eyes widening.

Good one Kelsey. How could I seriously fall for that? Now look at what you've done...

"Do not..." I mumble trying to play it off cool as Corbyn runs on the bus. Bill shuts the door as Corbyn speaks.

"What is everyone staring at?" He asks.

"Nothing." All of the boys and Noah say in a blank tone before starting to laugh like idiots. Corbyn and I stare at each other, him with an eyebrow raised.