Chapter one

I was sitting inside Starbucks while the cold winter wind whipped around outside. With my hot chocolate in hand, I slowly read through my homework assignments.

College was definitely not as easy as I thought it would be, but it was also not as hard as my mother said it would be.

Being halfway through my first semester of freshman year, there was much more homework than I expected. Not that I couldn't handle it of course.

When I glanced up next, there was a large gust of icy wind rushing through the coffee shop, when the most cliché sight emerged.

Two tall males had entered the building. And of course all the stereotypical females had their heads turned. I simply rolled my eyes and turned back toward my drink and papers.

Out of my peripherals I did however notice the boys were walking through the shop until they somehow stopped at me.

I glanced up. One of the boys was a redhead and the other was a blond. Both were incredibly good looking, but the redhead seemed more preppy, dressed in a sweater vest, while the blond was bound by a black leather jacket.

"Can I help you?" I tried to seem as nonchalant as possible.

"Just looking for an empty table." the redhead answered.

"Oh okay."

The blond boy didn't seem to even notice I was alive.

"Calum, there's some hot girls over there." he mumbled to the redhead.

"Yeah Ross I see them, one sec." the redhead named Calum replied.

"Sorry to bother you, I'm Calum by the way." he said to me.

"It's fine, I'm Laura by the way." I felt a little comfortable now that I was on a first name basis.

"My buddy Ross here is a little shy." he patted the blond boy's shoulder.

The alleged Ross pushed Calum's hand off his shoulder, and headed off toward the table of "hot girls".

"Bye." Calum waved then followed Ross away.

How disrespectful.

I hope I never see that blond again or it'll be too soon.

xx