Refocusing

Sarah Beth~

After we had our celebratory cake and lemonade, which we enjoyed along with Paige and Cal, I went home and imediatly Flooed Mr. Cornelius with the good news, and invited him over to have some left over cake. Same with The Malfoys. And Auntie and Rufus. And even Gregory, for the sake of Elle. I knew that she was very comfortable around him, and I wanted her as comfortable as possible.  Soon we had a house full of Wizards and Witches, celebrating the fact that we didn't lose the Brew.

Mr. Cornelius and Mrs. Shea got there first, then Rufus and Auntie. Then Gregory arrived, fresh from Quidditch practice, still in uniform. Then, about fifteen minutes after him, Mr. Lucius and Mrs. Narcissa arrived with Scorpius, but Elle and Draco were no where in sight.

"Thank you for inviting us, Sarah Beth." Lucius came up to me as Narcissa lingered back, brushing down Scorpious's hair. "Eleanor and Draco said they weren't sorry they couldn't come. Elle's trial is making her panic. She was just starting to make progress again. But something else would have triggered it if it hadn't of happened. Anytime she starts feeling better someting sets her off."

"I am so sorry to hear that." I put down my lemonade, and looked at him, concerned. "Are they at Mungo's?"

"Yeah."

"Did they make her stay?"

"No, she went on her own this time. She's affraid she's going to have a nervous breakdown. "

"Frecks!" Scorpius ran up to me as soon as Mrs. Narcissa let go of him. He threw his arms around me. "I've missed you, Frecks!" 

"I've missed you, too, buddy." I bent down to hug him. 

"Mummy misses you, too, but she couldn't come." HIs usual cheery disposition disapeared for a moment. He said this very quietly. I looked up at Mr. Lucius, who was making his way back to his wife and carefully nursing a cup of lemonade of his own. 

"Oh?"

"Yeah... Daddy said she's had really bad night-marrers this week..."

"Do you mean night terrors?" 

"Oh, yeah..." He blushed. I shook my head, then picked him up.

"Hey, I have some cookies in the kitchen if you want some." I offered, trying to brighten his mood. He immediatly began to grin again.

"Really? Can I have some please?" 

"Of course you can." I grinned and carried him into the kitchen and sat him down on the counter as I pulled out the cookie jar and took out three cookies. "Here you go."

"Thank you, Sarah Beth." He said before biting into the first one.

"You're welcome, sweet." I helped him off the counter and he ran off into the living room. I put the cookie jar back and rejoined my guests. Scorpius was now talking to Gregory, sitting in his lap. Triangle-Face was on the other side of them, sitting on the back of the couch and curiously sniffing. Ashley was talking to Mr. Cornelius, and the Malfoys were talking to Auntie. Rufus was off to the side, petting Ashley's cat, Spock. I worked my way over to Mrs. Shea.

"Congradulations, dear!" She hugged me, lemonade still in hand. I grinned, and hugged her back.

"Thank you, Mrs. Shea!" She pulled apart from me. She looked over her shoulder at Ashley, talking to her husband. 

"You love him a lot, don't you?" She asked. I felt my cheeks flush red. 

"I do! I really do!" I watched as Ashley picked up Spock, who had just left Rufus.