The Terrifying Dr. Payne

Sarah Beth~

The day before my doctor's appointment I was so scared that I couldn't think of anything but a sharp needle being stabbed deep into my skin. As many time as Ashley assured me that a shot felt only like a bee sting, it never helped. Finally he realized how terrified I really was. To try to calm me down he decided that that night's Technical Success practice would be turned into a movie night. When we arrived, Ashley suggested it, luckily without saying that I was scared about going to the doctor, and they all agreed. But before we even got halfway to Cal's sitting room, Jeff stopped Ashley.

"Hey, did you remember that bass?" He asked cooly. Ashley's face turned into a guilty, but thoughtful, one.

"Sorry, Jeff. I forgot it at home. If you really need it I can go back and get it."

"That would be nice." Jeff rudely commented. It wasn't until Ashley laughed that I realized his rudness was a joke.

"Okay. I'll be back." Ashley told everyone as he turned around. "You guys can go ahead and start the movie if you want." He turned around and left completly as we all murmered 'okays'.

"What do we want to watch?" Cal asked, opening a huge cabinat door revealing a hoard of DVDs.

"I don't really care." Paige replied. They both looked at me.

"Ca-"

"No!" All three guys cut me off.

"No Cats." Jeff walked over to the DVDs and started to brouse. He made a few 'hmmm' noises, until, finally, he pulled one out of the pile. "I haven't watched this one in a while." Cal took it from his hands.

"Really?"

"Yes!" Jeff took it from him and took the disk out, sticking it in the DVD player. I picked the case up when he layed it down and read it out loud.

"The Abominable Dr. Phibes?" I questioned, laying it back down.

"Yeah, it's awesome!" Jeff exclaimed, pulling my hand and sitting me down onto the sofa with him.

"It doesn't look to awesome..."  I commented, looking at the DVD menue before he pressed the play button.

"Nah, it'll be fine." He laughed, and then the movie began.

The next thirty minutes or so were aweful. I wouldn't exactly say the scariest or most disterbing: no, those spots are reserved for moments during the Wizarding War; but this came close. It all consisted of a doctor killing people in aweful and wicked ways. Technically, I wasn't even really watching it, because my eyes were closed the whole time. But when they weren't, I saw images that made me worry more and more about my trip the next day. I was hiding my face in Jeff's arm when Ashley came through the door.

"i've got the-what are you guys watching?" Ashley put the bass down on the floor and walked infront of the tv. "Why are you letting her watch this?!" He whirled around, facing us.

"What do you mean?" Cal asked calmly. "I can tell she's a little scared but-"

"She has a doctor's appointment tomarrow!"

"And?" Paige asked, confused. I opened my mouth to say something, but was interupted by Jeff.

"What's the big deal? She's an adult like you and me. She can handle it." Jeff looked over at me. "...Maybe." Ashley looked at me, saying 'what do I say?' with his eyes. I could tell that he didn't know how to come about saying I had never been to the doctor with out making things seem suspicious.

"This is my first time getting a shot." I went ahead and said. All their faces matched Paige's in confusion.

"How? I don't think that's even legal..." Cal got up and stopped the movie.