Our Second Date

~Sarah Beth

"How did Dolres take it?" Mr. Cornelius asked over the Floo Network an hour or so before ashley was suppose to pick me up for out second date. Cornelius Fudge and his wife, Shea, had been like parents to me for as long as I could remember, especially after the Wizarding War in 1998. After Auntie was taken to St. Mungo's, I lived in her house a while, alone: alone was the key word. I became extremely lonely. Mr. and Mrs. Fudge noticed and invited me into their home, wehre I loved until 2003. That's when my best freind, Rufus, and I boutght and house together. That's where I had lived until about a week ago.

"Not very well," I confessed, "She fainted."

"That's understandable, poor woman... You said that you were going out again with him tonight?"

"Yeah," I couldn't help but smile. In the short time that I had known Ashley, he had been absolutly wonderful.

"Well, I was going ot ask you over to dinner tonight, but since you already have other plane, how about tomarrow night?"

"Sounds great!" I laughed. Shea had the best cooking, so I never turned out an opertunity to dine with them without a good reason.

"So, where are you two going tonight?"

"I don't know." I shrugged. "When he called me this morning ot make sure I was stull going, he wouldn't tell me. All he said was to dress up."

"Must be somewhere nice. I'm sure you'll look lovely-"

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Fluff!" I loudly exclaimed, "He's, like, 30 minutes early! Bye, Mr. Cornelius!" I scattered the ashes and kicked the cardboard box I had been using as a makeshift fireplace since the flat didn't have one.

I raced to the door and pulled it open.

"Ashley!" I smiled. He was standing there in black dress pants, a white, tucked in white shirt, and a loose fitting light blue tie.

"These are for you." He handed me the boquet of bright red roses he was holding.

"Thank you," I put my nose to one of the flowrs and inhaled deeply, smelling it's natural perfumes. "They're beautiful!"

"Beautiful flowers for a beautiful girl." We both laughed.

"Ohkay, now you're just kissing butt." I moved out of hte doorway. "Come one in. I've got to change clothoes. I didn't think you were going to be early."

"Sorry about that," He followed me into the kitchen. "Do you smell something burning?" I glanced at the sofa, remembering the box.

"It's ohkay and no. Just sit here, I'll be right back....and hold these!" I thrusted the roses back in his hand and disappeared into my bedroom.

I went directly to my closet and pulled otu one of the two Muggle dresses I had: a sleek, black one.

I took off my ratty sweat pants and tee-shirt, put it on, and took a look in the mirror. The material was shiney and silly. It hugged my curves in all the right places and stoppen right at my knees. I grinned, satisfied.

I grabbed a pair of red stellettos an slipped them on, making me stand about 5'2. Maybe now i could accually look him in the face.

Finally, I sprayed on a couple spritz of perfume and grabbed a red hand bag. After shoving my wand in the bottom, I was ready. He stoop up when I remerged from my room.

"Wow..." He deamily sighed. "You're breath taking..."

"You, too!" I winked at him as I took the flowrs from him. He blushed. "So, why are you so early?" I asked as I filled up a pitcher of water for the roses.