Why is it That I Always Attract Creeps?

The next morning I got up and went to work in a love struck haze. My date with Ashley had gone amazingly, although I thought he spent way to much money on me. The food was devine, the dessert even better! At the end of the night he invited me to join him at a practice for his band, Technical Success. I took him up on the offer, even though I would have to leave early for the dinner with Mr. Cornelius.

Every mile I drove to work I thought about Ashley. Would he be happy to see me today? Does he feel the same way about me that I feel about him? Was he thinking about me?

BANG!

I ran into a lamp post in the Old Bean parking lot. Cursing under my breath, I got out of the car and looked a the damage. There was a huge dent in the hood, but everything else looked ohkay. Shrugging it off, i went inside and clocked in.

"I think you parked a little close to the pole!" Taylor laughed.

"Shut up!" I playfully threw a sugar packet at his face. It hit dead on. "Ha!" We both laughed harder. It was good to see that I still had some of my old Chaser skills.

"So, I head that you and Ashley had a date last night." He asked, pouring a cup of coffee for one of the usualy costumers.

"Yeah. We went to Tom Aikens." He whistled.

"Wow. He's going all out."

"Hm." A blonde haired man walked up to the counter and coughed.

"Can I help you?" I asked, leanng on the cold metal counter top.

"Yeah, I would like a black coffee', with something sweet on the side...How about some of you?" I looked at him blankly.

"Excuse me?" He laughed.

"You know, you're kinda cute-" I cut him off, remembering the guy that had molested me at Kareoke Night.

"Is that all?" I asked impationtly.

"You have an attitude, too." He added. I rolled my eyes as he ran his hand through his hair and then stroked the tuff on his chin.

"I would appreciate it if you would speak to me like a person and not a cheep hooker." I informed and turned to pour his cup of coffee. When I turned back around I saw that he had been stareing at my backside. "Excuse me, but who do you think you are?"

"I think I'm the man of your dreams?" He raised an eyebrow. I sneered.

"The only way you could be the man of my dreams is if you were being maimed in it." His smile dropped.

"Wow, you're fiesty." I had the real urge to grab my wand and make terrible things happen (things that would make it impossible to have children in the future) but i resisted it. If I did that the Ministry would put me on trial and make me pack up. I wouldn't be allowed to live with the Muggles anymore. I shot him a 'eff off' look. He raised his eyebrows again. "Ohkay, look. How about I take you out tonight? "

"No." I automatically responded.

"I can take you out ot a nice reasurant.-"

"No." I was being as poliet as I could be.

"And then we can go back to my place and have a little fun." He winked.

"Not interested." I said flately. He saided. "Fine, but you don't know what you're missing."

"I'm so hearbroken." I sarcastically sneered. The man shrugged, picked up his coffee, and left.

"I hate it when men do that." The long, horse faced woman standing in line behind him said.

"Alot of men talk like that to me." I shook my head. "I"m used to it."

"It's still a shame." The woman said. "You must be new. I've never seen you before."

"I just started Friday." I smiled.

"Well, it's nice to meet you. I come here a lot, so you'll be seeing alot of me." She reached her hand out. I took it and shook it.

"Mrs. Dursley!" Taylor exclaimed behind me. "Nice to see you!" She smiled.

"Hello Taylor."

"The usual?" He asked. She nodded and he started working on her order. When he was finished he handed her the cup.

"Thank you." She said and left.

"She's a regular." Taylor informed.

"That's what she said." I started wipping off the counter.

"Cumberland! Do your work instead of talking!" Mr. Dinkleberry fiercely bolted out of his office and stopped right infront of me.

"Yes sir!" I sqeaked and started wipping faster.

"I better not have to tell you again." He turned back around and left. Sighing, I put the cloth to the side and sat down. I had already had to deal with one jerk, I wouldn't have had to deal with another.