Bullet Street, Building Number 147, Appartment #42

It took me until 8 oclock at night to find Bullet Street. It was nussled in a small crevice on the West Side of London. I had went through the Cats CD about 15 times. Slowly, I drove down the street, scanning the numbers on the side of the worn, brick buildings: 134...135...139 (It was accually suppose to be 136, but the 6 had been flipped over)...140...141...

" 'Ey!" Some one yelled, making me suddenly stop. Standing a centimeter away from the front of the car was a tween-ageish boy in a red hoody. "Watch where you are driving that thing," He proceeded to call me a few choice names.

"I'm sorry. I'm new-" Instead of listening to my appology, he gave me the finger and ran off into one of the darkened alley's to my left.

Wow. That was different. I looked to my right to see anyother one of those alleys. What looked like a drug deal was happening. A gun shot rang through the air. With out a second though,t I reached over and pressed the lock button. A click sounded, assuring me that I had locked everything outside the car out.

I started scanning again: 146...147! I parked the car (a little crookedly ) on the curb. I got out and took in the whole sceene. The building was about four stories high and constructed completly of crumbling, red brick. On either side a dark alley lurked creeping. On the left side was an old, dented trashcan that was covered and blackened with soot.

I took a deep breath and went through the front door. I was greeted by an empy front desk and a lonely loung couch that had to be dated pre-70's.

"Hello?" I shouted, hoping someone would hear me. No one answered. "Hello?" I shouted again.

"Keep your pants on! " A burned out voice sounded from a doorway behind the desk. "What'cha want?" A three hundred something pound woman waddled from the back, a huge cigar hanging from her mouth. Her teased, bleached hair barley cleared the door frame.

"Yes, I'm looking for," I took the paper work the Ministry had given me over the apartment, "Elvira Madge?"

"El-vee-ra Madge." She corrected.

"Oh, well," I starred at her stained tank top for a moment, "I'm Sarah Beth Cumberland. I'm suppose to have room 42?"

"and?"

"Can I have the key?"

"Yeah. Hold on." She waddled back through the doorway. A moment later she cane back with a small, silver key. "Here it is. If you loose it, YOU pay for a new one. Speaking of pay..." She flicked sone ashes off the end if her cigar, "if you don't pay your rent, you butt will be out on the street. Do you even have a job?" I smiled.

"Yes I do. it's at a place calked The Old Bean. I start tomorrow!"

"The Old Bean!? Ha!" She started laughing and weezing.

"What's so funny?"

"Honey, let me give ya a little advice. The people in that place, they're going to devour you before the end of the week. Here's your keys."

I nodded and went up the stairs to the top floor. I stuck the key in the lock and turned it. A click told me it was now unlocked. Opening the door, I saw that the Ministry had already put my luggage in the first room.

I closed the door behind me. I was overly tired, but still happy. I was living the Muggles life now. Smiling, I opened the biggest bag that was sitting in my floor and pulled out my big, pink quilt my mother had made me when I was two. I marched into the next room where I found the bed was. Wrapping up in my quilt, I curled up in a little ball and went straight to sleep, resting for my first day of Muggle work.