Malfoy Problems

Sarah Beth~

A couple weeks went by and I watched Triangle-Face grow. Ashley and I didn't have anymore disagreements, either. Everything seemed to be going smoothly. Although, what he said at dinner still bothered me, but he showed me that he truely was sorry. I mean, he got me a cat.

I was sititng on the sofa petting my new kitten as Ashley was at Technical Success practice when I heard a frantic knock on the front door. I jumped up, a little scared, and ran to it. When I got there, I looked through the peep hole. What I saw shocked me.

Eleanor Malfoy was standing on my door step, almost in hystarics. She was still in her 'wizard clothes', a long, black, cloakish dress. She had a big, black suit case in her left hand. Her two dogs, Virgo and Orion, stood beside her on either side in worried silence. I quickly opened the door.

"Ellie? What's wronge? Come in, you're going to attract the whole neighbourhood." I took the hand of the crying Eleanor and pulled her into the living room. After sitting her down, I asked her what was wronge again. It took her a couple minutes to stop crying enough to even let me understand what she was saying. Even then I could only understand bits and pieces.

"Draco..." Cry, cry,cry. "Shelfish..." Sob, sob, sob. "Uncle....Severus's..." Cry, sob. "Wand..." Sob, sniffle, sniffle. "Trunk....sell." Adn cry, cry, cry.

"Um...okay. I only got half of that. Try to, um, calm down, and tell me again...Slowly."

"Well," She took a deep breath. "Draco was, I guess, cleaning out stuff, which is wierd for him. He never does work...Well, he sold a trunk I had, with out asking me. He cleaned it out. It had a some of Vincent's and Uncle Severus's stuff in it. It had a false bottom. Draco didn't know that. I had Uncle Severus's wand in the false bottom. He sold Uncle Severus's wand!" She broke down again as Orion jumped into her lap. Virgo jumped up beside her and started licking her hand.

"Oh..." I trailed off. I wasn't really sure how to respond. Ellie had been through a lot, and she was just finally recovering. Now Draco made everything reverse; that selfish git. 

"So," She continued again, "I just left. Narcissa..." She swollowed, "Narcissa wouldn't let me take Scorpius or Vincent, but she let me take Virgo and Orion... And...I don't want to go back with him there...I just can't!"

"Okay, okay..." I hugged her, and she continued to cry. "How about you stay here as long as you need to, okay?"

"Thank you..." She wipped her eyes. I couldn't take much more of her crying. I needed to calm her down. Talk to her about something she liked.

"How has Scorpius been?"

"Oh," She wipped her eyes again. "He's talked about you non-stop since you came. He keeps asking me when you'll come back. He really took to you." She smiled as most of her tears stopped...finally.

"Well, he can come over when ever he wants." I warmly smiled. She let out a tiny laugh.

"Haha, I'll be sure to tell him that." At that point, Orion happily yapped and jumped off of her and onto the other side of her, between the two of us. I scooted a couple inches away. Ellie noticed this. "It's okay. He's not going to hurt you, I promise. He's never bitten anyway. Well, he's bitten one person, but that's not important..." She said, then trailed off, going deep into thought. I let her do her thinking, until I noticed the fireplace flicker. I squinted to see Draco's face was in it. Not wanting him to upset Elle further, I jumped up, ran to it, and scattered the ashes. "What was that?"

"Nohting!" I quickly said. "It was nothing! Just, uh, I had the urge to move! Just get up and move, you know! But I had an idea! How about you come up into the bedroom, and you can watch the telly! How does that sound?" I went back across the room and pulled her up.

"W-what?" She asked as I pulled her into the bedroom, two puppies yapping behind us.

"I just thought you could watch the telly, and maybe take a nap!" I pushed her onto the bed. Orion and Virgo jumped up there with her. I walked across the room and turned on the television. I was greeted by the face of The Doctor. "Here we go, Doctor Who!"

"What?" She asked, trying to soak everything in.

"No, Who silly!" I nerviously laughed and headed towards the door. "Just watch it! It's great! Ashley showed it to me! Anyway, you just stay here and I'll be right back! I've got to, uh...Pee! Yeah! I'll be back!" I ran out of the room and back into the living room. I grabbed my stash of Floo Powder from under the couch and threw it in. "The Malfoy Manore..." I said as quietly as I could. A moment later, Draco's face appeared in the flames.

"Where is Elle?" He automatically said. I frowned.

"How did you know she was here? And why? So you can sell more of her stuff? "

"Because she wasn't at Goyle's. It was only logical that she was here. And that was an accident! I would never do that on perpose!"

"You should have asked her first!"

"You're right, I should have! But I didn't! I was wronge."

"I'm not sure if she'll ever forgive you. I wouldn't."

"That helps..." Draco looked down.

"And that was Severus Snape's wand. If anyone found it, they would make a fourtune off of your mistake. And that would devistate Elle even more!"

"I know, but-"

"Shut it! You are a slimey git and you don't deserve to be spoken to! Goodbye! No, badbye! You don't deserve a goodbye!" And with that I quickly scattered. After takeing a couple breathes I plastered a smile back on my face and went back into the bedroom to find Eleanor deeply engrossed in the actions of The Doctor. "So, Eleanor," I started. She finally noticed I was there and looked up. "Any preference on what to eat for dinner?"

"Oh, I can make it-" she started, but I interupted.

"No. You are my guest. I feed you. What do you want."

"Sarah Beth, you know I don't care-"

"Pick!"

"Spaghetti!...I- I like spaghetti...Happy?"

"Very. But I don't think I have any noodles. Or sauce. Oh well, I have to go to the market anyway. Would you like to go with me?"

"Accually..." She got up, "I would like to take a shower. They usually help me feel a bit better."

"Okay, The bathroom is the first door to the right in the hallway. Feel free to use what ever you want while I'm gone." I smiled. She forced a smile back. I could tell she was trying to hold up for my sake.

"Thank you." She walked out of the room with me, then went into the bathroom and closed the door. I grabbed my purse and continued out the door. After pulling out of the driveway, I went deep into thought.

Poor, poor Elle. I knew Draco was a jerk, but this was bad. This was really bad. And then Mrs. Malfoy not letting her take her own children with her? That's just awful. If I had children I would want to see them! If anyone tried to take them from me I would-

HHHOOONNNKKK!

I suddenly hit the break when I was brought to reality by a car loudly honking. It was then I noticed that I had started to run straight through a red light. I was stopped in the middle of an intersection with a shiney sportscar almost t-boning me.

"Sorry!" I yelled out the window before speeding through to the other side of the trafic light. After driving a bit longer, I tried to get back to my thought, but couldn't remember what it was. Sighing, I turned my thoughts to Ashley. Although he could say some pretty mean things, he wasn't bad as Draco. I was thankful for that. And Ashley would sure be surprised when he came home to me making food instead of him having to do it. Ashley was a good guy, and I shouldn't take him for granted. It made me feel bad that an awful event like this made me realize that. But I couldn't worry about that now, I had Ellie to take care of.