My Special Christmas Present

Sarah Beth~

"Baby it's coooooooooooooold! Ouuuuuuuuuut! Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!"  I sang along to the radio Cal had turned on earlier. Appearently it was traditional for Technical Suceess to get together on Christmas Eve and exchange gifts. It was exclusive to only members of the band, excluding Jeff's girl of the week and even Cal's wife, but somehow I was accepted. I guess it was because a few weeks before they had started covering a few songs that required a female singer. Naturally, they asked me to do it, which I obviously said yes.

"Sounds like you're having a good day." Ashley laughed, putting his arm around me.

"Yeah! It's Christmas Eve! Of course I am! And it's nice and warm here!"

"What do you mean?" He asked. "Yeah, it's warm, we're inside."

"Not at my flat. It's cold. The heats out." Accually, my heat was shut off by Ms. Madge because I couldn't pay my rent due to the purchasing of Christmas presents. But you know what they say; it's better to give then to recieve.

"I can come over later this week and take a look at it, if you want." Cal offered.

"Okay. Thanks." I bit into the cookie Ashley was about to eat. I would find some way to keep him from coming later. It was Christmas, I wanted to try to enjoy it. I suddenly looked out the window, trying to find something else to talk about. "I wish it would snow."

"You wish it would," Jeff sneared,  "I, on the other hand, can live without it. It's cold and wet, not to mention a nightmare to drive in." I thought for a moment.

"I don't think I've ever driven in snow." I finished Ashley's cookie.

"Really? You haven't been driving for very long, have you?" Paige asked, coming back from the kitchen with drinks.

"No, I guess not..." I looked back out the window and fell into silence. I was just digging myself deeper into trouble. A few minutes later Ashley put his arm around me, catching me off gaurd.

"You know how you've never met my parents?"

"Hmmm?" I looked at him. I had a feeling I knew where he was going with this.

"Well, they are coming in tomarrow and I want you to meet them."

"Oh..." I looked at the ground. I was planning on going to visit Auntie on Christmas Day, but I guess I could visit her after I met his parents. "Okay..." Once again I felt that a subject change was needed. "When's present time?!"

"Now! We need to go ahead and get it over with...I have another party to get to." Jeff jumped up and started distrubuting the gifts under the tree. Soon everyone had a pile of four gifts infront of them.

I opened up the first present from Paige. It was a shirt with bunnies on it.

"Oh, thanks Paige! I love bunnies!

"It's the Fibonacci-"

"Don't bother," Ashley stopped him as he opened Paiges present. "She wouldn't understand." I moved on to Jeff's present. It was small and flat, and wrapped in plain green wrapping paper. I tore it off without heistation and sqealed with delight.

"IS THIS THE WICKED CD!" I exclaimed. A couple weeks back I discovered a Muggle musical called Wicked and I was abosultly in love with it. True, it didn't replace Cats, but it was way up there.

"Yup." He proudly smiled, sounding impressed with himself.

"Jeff!" Ashley hissed.

"What?"

"Why would you- We need to have a talk later."

"THANK YOU SO MUCH!" I tackle hugged Jeff, knocking him to the floor.

"I'm glad you like it." He laughed as I got off of him. Sitting back down I moved onto Cal's present. Again, I was filled with joy.

"What! There's a book, too!" I moved on and hugged Cal as well.

"I thought you would like it!" He put down the present from me he had just opened. "Thanks for the scarf, by the way."

"Your welcome." I secretly snickered to myself as he wrapped it around his neck. It was blue and bronze; very fitting.

"You guys are aweful." Ashley leaned back on the couch, crossing his arms.

"Hey, where's your girlfriend's present from you?" Jeff asked as I joined Ashley on the couch.

"She's getting it later tonight after you guys leave." He answered. Jeff put on a devilish smile.

"Oh, I see. Are you two going to...you know?" Paige questioned shyly.

"Why are you asking?" Jeff cut in. "Do you want to watch to see what it accually looks like or somethng?" Paige blushed.

"No, I just-"

"Stop!" Ashley interupted them. "Thats is none of your business, but if you must know, that's not it."

"Then what is it?" I asked sweetly, kissing beside the side of his mouth.

"You'll just have to wait and see."

..................................................................................................................................

After the guys left Ashley gave me my present: A perfect evening with him. The first thing he did was turn off all the lights and illuminate his house with candles. After that he pulled out a pan of lasagna and put it in the oven. Then, he turned the telly on and put in a dvd. Finally, he joined me on the couch. My eyes brightened as I realized that he had put Cats in. I was so into that I didn't speak until a little after half way through when the Engineer Cat was singing.

"What if they don't like me?" I turned ot Ashley.

"Huh?" It took him a minute to realize who I was talking about. "Oh, don't worry about it. They'll love you!"

"What if they don't?" Truefully, I really was nervous about meeting his parents. I didn't want to blow it. After all, there can only be one first impression.

"Give me one reason why they wouldn't."

"Well," I started to list them on my fingers, "What if they think that I'm crazy? Or what if they think I'm ugly? Or the fact that I'm basically, like, poor. Or my accent-"

"You're accent? What does that have to do with anything?"

"It makes me sound stupid..." Which was true. I couldn't count the times people thought I was imcompatant because of my thick Cockney accent.

"First off," He pulled me into him, so I layed my head against his chest. It was comfy, despite the fact that I could hear his heartbeat and everytime he spoke it rumbled a bit in the top of his chest. "It doesn't. Secondly, you're perfect the way you are: Beautiful and amazing. And that accent is cute."

"Er..."  I wasn't really sure what to say. Besides, I was getting tired and wanted to get back to the movie. Soon I would have to go home and get some sleep; I had a big day a head of me.

"What was that?" He questioned smuggley. "I'm right? And now you're going to fall asleep on me so I can once again claim my rightful title of 'Cuddliest Man in the Land', right?" I laughed.

"I don't know, that title might belong to Jeff." He laughed along with me.

"I wouldn't know." He kissed my forehead as I nestled closer to him. "I love you."

"I love you too.. I'm going to have to get home soon." Ironically, I yawned and closed my eyes. He moved his arm from behind my shoulders to around my body, putting his hand on top of my shoulder. It only took a couple minutes for my breathing to slow and sleep treaten to take over.

"Ha! I am the cuddliest!" I heard him laugh to himself as I finally drifted into slumber.