How My Auntie Disowned Me

Sarah Beth~

"Why do I have to go?" Rufus asked as I lead him through the hallway at St. Mungo's. I had been visiting Auntie every sunday since she had put in there.

"Because, Auntie is convensed that we are together, and we're not."

"But why do I have to be here?"

"To tell her yourself that there is nothing more than a strong friendship between us." I stopped at Auntie's door. He let out a defeated sigh.

"Ugh. Fine."

"Thank you, Ruffie!" I hugged him, and he hugged me back. It probably looked really awkward to anyone who would have been walking by, because Rufus was atleast two heads taller than me, but that was ohkay with me. It had always been that way. I knocked on the door.

"Auntie?"

"Is that you Sarah Beth, sweetheart?"

"Yes, Auntie. Can I come in?"

"Come on in!" She sounded excited to see me. I nodded at Rufus, who took a deep breath as I opened the door. "I'm so glad my darling has come to visit poor, old me-" She stopped when she laid eyes on Rufus. "Oh, Rufus! I didn't know you were coming!" Rufus glanced at me grimmly.

"Oh, he came just to see you!" I assured, trying to sweeten her up before breaking it to her for good.

"Isn't that nice? Have a seat you two." She pointed to the seat across from her. I shook my head as Rufus offered the chair to me. I let him have the seat and remained standing. "Tell me what you have been up to Rufus. I just got a letter from your uncle yesterday, you know."

"Really?" He asked with fake interest as he stood over the seat from the back, laying his hands on top of my curly hair.

"Yes, it was very nice. So, enough about me. How have you been? Have you been treating my little pumpkin right?" Auntie's eyes were shinging brilliantly. Rufus cleared his throat.

"Hm, well... I meet this girl at the Shop who seems nice. I was thinking about asking her out on a date next time I see her." Auntie's smile faded.

"Why would you be doing that?" Sweetness still dripper from ehr voice, even though she was clearly disapointed by the fact that Rufus was seeing another woman besides me. "Since you have Sarah Beth." Rufus and I looked at each other. There was a long pause.

"Auntie, I've been trying to tell you this." I started, breaking the silence. "Rufus and I aren't together." She let out one of her girlish giggles.

"What are you talking about? You two are meant to be-"

"I'm sorry, Ms. Dolores, but we're not." Rufus stepped in to help. Her eyes widened.

"So, you mean....You really are seeing a...a Muggle?" She said hte word as if she were saying a bad word and didn't want anyone to hear. I looked down. Clearly she was disapointed. Rufus nodded his head.

"Auntie, I'm sorry! He's nice and cute and smart and...and I think I love him, Auntie! I-" She raised her hand up and I immidatly stopped talking.

"Enough." She simply stated. I looked at her, wide eyed.

"Auntie, I-"

"Enough!" She said again, glaring at me.

"I'm sorry, Auntie." She didn't reply. All she did was sit there, teary eyed. "Auntie!"

"As long as you're seeing that Muggle, I'm not you're Auntie."

My jaw dropped. She had just disowned me, just because I was in love. I looked up at Rufus, who looked just as shocked at I was.

"Ms. Dolores, I'm sure that you didn't mean that."

"I meant every word." Her voice cracked, although no tears came. "Now, I must ask you to leave, Ms. Cumberland. You are unwanted here."