Late night phone calls.

Ariella.

Shocked. Thats what I was, I was shocked. Not only that, I was worried and scared out of mind. 18 years I have known my sister but I can't even try to guess if she would expose me.

My heart was beating abnormally fast, any more faster and I'd probably faint. I reached forward to grab the photo only for it to be pulled back. I looked at her my face showing that I knew I was caught.

"I-I can explain." I begin and back up.

"Dont worry, I've known since the gala. I was just looking through your suitcase trying to find the Calvin Klein T-shirt dress." She replies. My jaw drops and I mentally scold myself for not being careful enough. I quickly go to my closet and find the dress. Giving it to her I sit down on the bed.

"Why haven't you told anyone?" I ask hoping for a reasonable answer. It was peculiar,  not that I had expected her to tell our parents but still.

"I'm your sister, you know I always got your back. I support your relationship but you have to tell dad. Its Dominic Amoretti and dad despises him. God knows why." She says and hugs me. I wrap my arms around her tight thanking god for giving me such an amazing trustworthy sister.

"I will, I just want him to get better first. Aurora, I'm in love with him. I just hate myself sometimes because I am betraying dad."I say and she nods. She gives the photo to my and I shove it under my pillow.

"Ari?" She says timid whilst looking down. "Yes?" I reply noticing her becoming worried.

"You know how I said I got your back?, well do you have mine? Can I trust you?" She asks and looks me in the eye. I hold her hand and say "Of course Rora, what is it?"

"I-im dating this guy and I love him. If Adam found out he would kill me, and the guy. I dont know what to do." She says and begins to cry. I take her in my arms and caress her back. "Its okay Aurora, I promise that'll never happen, continue your relationship. Why do you care what Adam thinks?"

"Be-because the guy I'm dating... Is his bestfriend..." My eyes widen as my mind processes this. Lukah and Aurora but she is a good girl and he's the complete definition of a bad boy. Dad would never approve.

"Lukah Lombardi, Princeton Academy's bad boy, oh lord Aurora you've gotten yourself into trouble." I say and she nods.

"I know but I can't help it. Just please tell me I have your blessing. "

"You have my blessing but if he breaks your heart I'll break his neck." I say and she giggles. Standing up she wipes her face and takes a deep breath.

"Thankyou so much Ari." she says. "Come to me whenever you want to talk. Now we're both keeping each others secrets." I say and she nods, we both leave the room as we hear the door open.

Mum, dad and my brothers were home, I ran down the stairs and and jumped into my fathers arms. He chuckled and mumbled "easy, I'm precious." Whilst patting my back.

"I'm so glad you're home!" I shout and he smiles, "Me too princess." I get off of him and hug mum. Ava calls my name and raises her handa signalling for me to carry her. Taking her in my arms and kiss and pinch her cheeks as she giggles. My brother joins me and tickles her making her squeal. I looked at all of us together, each one of our smiles shining brightly. This is what I loved, Family love was everything.

We all changed into comfy clothes and Dad as well as my brothers went to the living room to watch TV. Us girl stayed in the kitchen read to cook a meal. All of us could cook well and that was because mum and dad were amazing at cooking. We decided that today the women of the house would cook and tomorrow the men, boys* would cook.

I took out the chicken breasts from the fridge and began to rinse them. Marinating them thoroughly I create a sauté- onions, capsicums, and cayenne pepper. I greased the pan and placed them in. Putting it into the oven I begin on the dessert, red velvet cheesecake. I finished preparing it within 25 minutes as I had made it many times before. Mum was making her homemade pasta and Aurora was making butter chicken curry with rice. Liyana made some salad along with some lemon cake.

I sat down next to Ava, she was reading Ella in cinders. It wasn't a surprise that she understood the big words in the book, she was overly smart for a five year old.

An hour later dinner was finished, we set the table and served. Everyone enjoyed the food, we laughed and joked about silly things until it was time to go to bed, or at least I wanted to go considering I had to go to the office early to sort out some things. I washed my face and did my skincare routine as usual. Changing into my silk striped top and shorts I tucked myself into bed.

But I couldn't sleep, my mind kept drifting back to when Costa ran. He heard my name and ran out the office like his life depended on it. It was too weird, there was a secret and I wanted to find out what it was. I turn on my laptop and go onto google.

I type in his name and articles from 17-20 years ago pop up. One article caught my eye, 'Millionaire arrested for drunk driving causing Death.'

I gasped and clicked onto a summary, I didn't want to go too deep into the article.

'Costa Taptiklis drove into a person which caused death, he confessed to hitting his wife and child. Charged with Rape and Domestic abuse as well as a DUI he was sentenced to 15 years in jail.'

This was intense, a person dices because of his actions. I switched the laptop off with my heart tightened and closed my eyes.

My curiosity was taking over leaving me unsatisfied causing me to toss and turn. I huffed and decided to call Dom, his voice would calm me down.

Tkaig my phone off charge I dialed his number and I was grateful that he picked up.

"Angel?" He asks probably wondering why I was calling him at this time. He knew I was supposed to wake up early.

"Just talk to me, about anything. I can't sleep." I say the frustration evident in my voice.

He chuckles, "Okay, whatever you want princess." I could tell he was agitated most likely because of the events of today.

We talked all night, he told me he wanted to call because my voice calmed him down and I told him the same. We didnt talk once about his father and I was glad. We just talked, about us the present and the future. I didnt care that I had a lot of work to do and I hadn't had an ounce of sleep.

I guess the coffee would just have to do its magic on me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who knew a week could go so fast. I thought I only updated the other day. Anyway, hi guys. I've been extremely busy because yes I have a life outside of wattpad... I know how surprising!

https://media1.giphy.com/media/EvWx1BeeRyyJi/200.gif

I promise once I secure a reasonable timetable and get things sorted, I will updatae more regularly. I thank all of you for staying patient. X

https://media0.giphy.com/media/QMkPpxPDYY0fu/200.gif

Thoughts?

Not edited nor proofread.

'Sometimes holding on does more damage than letting go.'🌹

UNTIL NEXT TIME...

https://media2.giphy.com/media/uLda64US3sb16/200.gif