Chapter Fifteen.

Dominic.

I watched her on the sofa bed, her long brown hair sprawled out around her. She had the quietest little snores that were too cute. I sighed, I was going to tell her tonight, tell her about my past.

I went back to the kitchen and finished up on the saganaki. I decided to go for greek cuisine tonight considering we were here. These were my favorite dishes that my father made when he wasn't drunk or passed out.

When we were somewhat of an actual family.

I got two plates out of the cupboards and proceeded to place a portion of classic greek salad on it. I then put spanakopitas with cubed feta on the side. They were my favorite, triangle shaped pastries with things like feta or mince in. I then put a traditional meze on a smaller separate plate.Cutting the saganaki in small squares I place it beside the meze. Taking out the sirloin steak from the oven and the mild spiced beef kefta I put it with the salad.

I sighed hoping she would like it. I loved this food although the memories behind it were horrible.

I closed my eyes but regretted it instantly as the image of my mother being whipped came into sight.

"No." I grunted, I tried to open my eyes but it was as if they were glued closed. My heart was beating fast and I felt the beads of sweat form on my forehead. Fisting my hands I tried to relax my breathing but it wasnt working.

"Stop." I said my voice broken. This was the side of me I was afraid for her to see, I wanted to be strong, for her I would do anything. I didn't want her to think I was weak, and I hope she wouldn't. I could hear her screams as he dragged her, he almost fell as he was completely drunk. I looked from under the table wanting to help her but she told me to hide, to stay away from this monster.

"Please stop." I said, it was becoming harder to swallow. "Hey, Dom, Dominic, its okay I'm here. No ones going to hurt you." I hear her say, just as her hands touched me the pain went away. I opened my eyes and looked her. Her worried eyes still adjusting to waking up her hair sticking out everywhere yet she still looked stunning. Grateful, I was grateful to have her here, to take my pain away. I kissed her showing my love for her, my appreciation.

"What was that for?" She asks almost surprised. "For being you." I replied simply, that was the reason. She was herself, her amazing self.

Taking her hand I lead her out to the back, it was perfect the sun was setting and the pool with luminous displaying a cool ambiance. I sat her down on the chair. She place her hand on the glass table and looked at me confused.

"Wait a minute." I say and rush back to the kitchen. I fill some glasses with a light wine as we were having a lot of meat.

"Close your eyes." I say walking into the back. She covers her eyes with her hands obeying my order. Placing the plates down I say "Dont open them till I say so." She nods her eyes still covered.

Going back I retrieved the glasses as well as the wine for refills. Once everything was neatly placed I sat down.

"Open your eyes Angel."

Ariella.

"Open your eyes Angel." He said and I slowly removed my hands. I looked at the table and gasped to see so much food it smelt delicious and my stomach was growling.

"Dominic!" I say completely surprised, I thought he would just whip up something quick like pasta but this, this is something else.

"Its Greek food made by yours truly." He says, his smile was weary and it was as if he was worried. I thought back on when I had walked on him. He looked so fragile, so broken. I wanted to fix him.