Chapter 35 - Admitted to the Hospital

Paul's POV

----

I woke up, i don't know when, but it was dark outside, and inside. And i cant even describe how i feel. Its horrible thats all. Mum had given me some medicine, and it made me throw up and wet the couch. Now i just did it in the bed. But my head is the worst right now. I hope im not poisoned, and about to die. 

When i got up my head felt so heavy, like i almost couldn't lift it. I felt the side of my bed, John was in it. He hadn't woken up. Our alarm clock said 2 am. And what time did i go to sleep? 

I shook my head and stood up, then grabbed onto the chair before i fell over from dizziness. But the chair didn't hold my weight so it fell over. 

-----

Off Paul's POV

----

John woke up when he heard the chair seat hit the table. He sat up and turned on the over head lamp. 

"Paul!" He jumped out of bed and lifted Paul in a sitting position. Paul let out a whimper and covered his eyes. 

"It'll be alright Paul. Let me get mum." John said and attempted to lift Paul on the bed.

John came back quickly followed by Mrs. Williams. She sat down and hugged him. 

"Its alright paul." She stroked his hair.

"That drugs still in his system." John stated.

Mrs. Williams looked at Paul. His eyes were heavy and his face red. She put her hand on his forehead.

"Its not the drug, i think he's coming down with a form of the flu."

"What?" John stared blankly. "And i was sleeping with him!"

"John." His mum glared at him. He just smiled innocently and sat down. She shook her head and told Paul to lay down.  Then she pulled his trousers and underwear off, then pulled the sheets over him.

"John can you put some new trousers on him. Im going to call the hospital."

"Why?"

"Their the only ones available right now. He is getting something." She left the room.

"Whats wrong?" George sat up sleepily.

"Paul's got some form of the flu."

"How?"

"Mum isn't exactly sure."

George nodded and let his head hit the pillow, he was soon back to a peaceful sleep.

"Jjohn?" Paul said quietly.

"What Paul?"

"I feel so hot and tired."

"It'll be alright."

Paul sighed and closed his eyes. John struggled to put trousers on the sick lad and then carried him out to the car. Mike and his wife drove up. Mrs. Williams had called them after the hospital.

"Ill go with your mother John." Mike told John.

"Alright. But cant i come?"

"Yeah! Just thought you'd want some sleep."

"Nope." John shook his head and got in next to Paul.

-------------

When John woke up the sun was coming in threw the hospital window. He had fallen asleep in a chair in Paul's room. Mike was next to him, he woke up too.

"Wheres mum?" John asked.

"She left. I said she should get some sleep and that you can stay. You'd want to anyways."

"Thanks." John yawned and rubbed his eyes then looked over at Paul.

Paul was breathing normally but was pale and looked very tired, but he was asleep.

"The doctor says its something to do with the drug and also he's coming down with a form of the flu."

"Did they say how?"

"The flu? Um, that it was caused by injection or absorption of something. Something like that. They had it before and found out some one had been injected with some medicine."

"Thats a possibility with Paul."

"But how?"

"It could of been injected a while back. To prevent him from fully recovering. I don't know."

"Hm. I could look more into it. My wife's mum is a nurse, i could ask her."

"Will you? thanks." John smiled.

"John?" They heard Paul say weakly.

"Hey Paulie." John smiled.

"Don't let them break up the band, okay?" He smiled.

"Nah i wont." John assured him. 

"Hi Mike." Paul looked at his older brother with a small smile.

"How are you?" Mike asked smiling back.

"About the same. Less....less," He yawned. "Less dizzy."

"Paul i think..." Mike hit John bfore he got any further. John looked at Mike who shook his head.

"What?" Paul asked.

"I think ill get the nurse." John said quickly. At that moment a nurse came in with the boys manager.

"Oh, hi." John smiled.

"Hey John, how are you?"

"Fine. Arm still hurts."

"Thats good." He smiled and walked over to Paul.

"Hello." Paul greeted sleepily.

"Hello, Paul. How are you?" He asked.

"Same as last time, sir."

"Your a good lad." He ruffled his hair.

Paul let out a small laugh which made John smile. John was happy to see his friend in a good mood even though he was in pain, but thats who Paul was.

Once saying good bye to the nurses and Paul the men left. Mike drove John home and they talked to Mrs. Williams.

"They said he'd be out in no time." John said.

"Im glad hes okay."

"Me too." Mike smiled.

"Mum, im going to go for a walk." John said putting his phone back in his pocket.

"Alright." Mrs. Williams smiled and looked at Mike and winked.

"See ya." John walked out.

-------

John's POV

---

Lidia was waiting at the corner. I took her hand and we walked.

"So hows Paul?"

"He's doing better. Will be out in a day or two!" I smiled. She laughed.

"Well im glad he's getting better. Um, do you think you could play at my party?"

"What kind of party?"

"Just a dance party. I mean once Paul is better and all. It will be a party for Paul as well. As a 'welcome back' party!" 

"That sounds cool. But then i cant dance."

"We'll have a special 30 minutes or an hour of you all just playing then we'll just play music from the sound system."

"Gear! I cant wait to dance with you." I winked at her, she giggled. 

--------------

After dropping Lidia off at home i walked back home. My way was safe, thankfully. No one jumped out at me or anything. 

I went upstairs to plan with the others the songs we'd do for the party. They seemed all excited.