Chapter 5 - John's Decision

John woke up the next morning the sun was shining in his eyes. He sat up and stretched, he heard laughs and screams of the children playing outside on the block. He smiled and then went to his bedroom door. He took the knob then let go. He listened then slowly opened it.

He didn't hear anyone so he continued slowly downstairs. He went into the kitchen and looked in the fridge and pantry. There was almost nothing left. He got some milk and finished the last of it. He then looked outside. The car still was not there.

He went back inside and headed to his parents room, which he dreaded much. It reminded him of his mum, and this was the room he was scolded in, by his father. John went to the night stand and looked in the drawers. He took out the cash that was in them and walked back to the front door and left. The store was not to far from here, a decent walking distance. John had done it before anyways. 

"John!" He heard a voice yell from behind. 

His fear got the best of him and he began to run. He heard a few pair of feet behind him.

"Stop! Whats wrong! Its us, Lacy and John!" Lacy yelled.

John stopped and turned around. 'No not them again.'

"Why did you run?" Lacy asked. John and Lacy's friends crowded around John.

"I was thinking of something else."

"Oh? What?" Lacy's brother asked.

"Just uh, thinking about life."

"Life?" 

"Yeah. I was kind of in my own world."

"Oh your one of those kids." A boy scoffed.

"Neil thats not very nice." John hit his friend next to him. "Its alright Johnny."

Johnny smiled. "Well, i better go. See ya."

"Are you doing anything?" Lacy asked.

"Yeah. Going to the store."

"Your parents let you go alone!" Lacy asked again, a bit surprised.

"Yeah."

"Lucky."

"Well bye."

"Will be able to come later, like at 4. For my party, we'll eat at that time!" John asked.

"I...i guess."

"If not just call! Oh hey look what i got!" John pulled out an Ipod.

"Oh cool!" Johnny looked at the device with a smile.

"When you come over we can listen to stuff, huh?" He smiled.

Johnny nodded. "I got to go."

Lacy giggled. "In your pajamas?"

John looked down at his clothes then back at the boys and one girl around him. He blushed. "Yeah i better change...bye!" John ran back into his house. He watched out the window as they began to leave. He sighed and went up to change then went back and headed the way he was going. 

The grabbed the food he needed and went back. At home he made something and ate it. Then went over to watch TV. The phone began to ring. John let it ring until it stopped then he went over and scrolled down it. Didn't know the number so he put it down...but what if it was his dad?

John shrugged then went back to watch TV. He was beginning to feel lonely. But was even weirder to him was that he was missing his father and brother.

-----

John woke up again. He heard knocks over and over again on the door. He went over and looked out the window. It was Lacy.