Chapter 24 - Tragedy

When Paul opened his eyes he was in a well-lit room. The sun was up and a nurse had just entered the room. She smiled at him and put her clip bored by the side of his bed.

“How are you doing?” She asked.

Paul couldn’t get himself to speak. He felt so weak. She moved her hand over his sweaty bangs. He closed his eyes.

“I'm sorry. You lost a lot of blood, well, not a lot but enough to make you faint.” She said softly. “Your parents will come in in an hour.”

Paul gave no reply, only opened his eyes and nodded. The nurse smiled and stood up to walk out. Then Paul was alone again.

------

“Well we’re going home today. Sorry the concert didn’t work out.” Mr. Williams told the manager.

“Its alright, I just hope Paul will be alright. They will get up there! They will make it.”

“Yeah I hope so too.”

“But don’t worry. I have set up another one. And its at my friends house.” He smiled.

“Really?”

“Yes he has a big estate in the hills and is willing to invite the whole city. Well he was exaggerating on the whole city, but you see this will keep him safe. All the boys infact.”

“Thanks a lot.” Mr. Williams smiled.

“Dad, come ed.” Marin entered the room. Her father grabbed his coat and walked out to drive his family to the hospital.

“They said Paul lost some blood and they found something else. Just now.” Mrs. Williams told her husband as he got in the car. She placed her mobile phone back in her purse.

“What is it mum?” John asked worriedly.

“They said they had to go check on him. But we are still allowed to see him.”

“Is it serious?” George asked.

“I said I don’t know. They had to leave.”

“He will be fine, boys.” Mr. Williams said a bit irritated as he turned the corner.

“I thought girls were the worried ones.” Ashley giggled.

“Sh.” John glared at her. “Its not funny, Ash.”

Ashley and Marin exchanged smiles and looked on out the window.

            They arrived at the hospital and once they entered they hurried up the lift to the second floor. The family was led to Paul’s room and they entered. A doctor and a nurse were by his bedside. The doctor asked to talk to Paul’s parents so they went to the corner. John sat down on Paul’s bed and looked at him. Paul’s eyes were shut peacefully, his lips were parted a bit, and he had one hand on his chest and the other flat on the covers.

“Paul?” George asked softly.

No reply came from the younger boy. The girls sat down in chairs and waited for information from their parents. John observed them as they talked to the doctor.

--------

John’s POV

--------

Mum and dad came over to Paul and mum took his hand.  I looked at dad then I turned and Richie’s eyes met mine. His sad puppy dog looking eyes looked a bit worried.

“He’s gone into a coma.” Dad told me. 

“Oh I hate those.” Richie grimaced.

“How long were you in yours Rich?” I asked him.