Chapter 11 - Note For John

John's POV

-----

I was woken up by Marin, but for a reason. We had school today. 

I got dressed and got my backpack. Mum was already with the car (I woke up late see...), outside. So, along with Paul, i entered the car. Paul usually tags along where ever i go, or mum. 

I haven't met anyone at school yet. And i usually stay with Marin. Though i know she doesn't like it, but i do it anyways, or i just sit by myself. My first class was History.

There was a name on the desk i usually sat at. It said Marin W. So i looked at the other one and it said another name. I looked for my name and found it. I was sitting next to another boy. I sat down and took out my books. The kids began to crowd in and soon it was a mess, everyone was trying to find their seat. Pretty funny actually.

"Hello." The boy next to me smiled.

"Hi."

"Your names John?"

"Yeah, how'd you know that?" I asked.

"Your name things still up." The boy laughed.

I knocked the tag over slowly and laughed. "Yeah."  

"Kennedy." He said and held out his hand.

"Last name or first?" I shook his hand.

"First. Weird huh?"

"No my middle name is Winston!" I grinned.

"But thats a leaders first name."

"Oh. Well i know a family who's last name is Kennedy."

"I dont like it." "Isnt it strange. Our parents name us what they want. For all i know i could of been called...some bizarre name!" 

"Yeah, thats one thing i don't like. Parents...what do they know."

"A lot of things."

"More then me i know that. But i wish they would give us freedom."

"You don't want freedom from your parents. I had that and i wished i didn't."

"Why?"

"Because, they try and protect you. We are helpless."

"Your a real interesting kid you know." He folded his arms and leaned back.

"Your just as interesting."

"Hey John!" My friend, Jeremy, said as he entered, late as usual, let me just add.

"Hey Jerry."

"Want to hang out at lunch with us?" I asked Kennedy.

"Sure." He smiled.

-------

AFTER CLASS -

"John, i would like to talk to you." The teacher said. She glared at me as i came up to her.

"Yyes?" I grinned.

"Dont do that again, hear?"

"Yeah i hear." She put her hand on my shoulder and gave me a mean look.

"Yes ma'am."

"Good, this is your last warning."

"Its my first too." I added.

"And it will be your last. Next time, punishment."

"Righty!" I laughed and ran out.

Jeremy was waiting outside, Kennedy beside him.