Chapter 30 - Paul's Birthday (pt 2)

Paul and George played football outside for a bit till the girls and John came out to join them. They set up teams and each team had a girl. 

"Maybe mum can join us." Marin said. 

"Sure, why not!" John grinned. 

"Alright, who wants to be goalie?" George asked.

"Ill be goalie for John's team!" Ashley said.

"George you be goalie." John said.

"This is my team mister." George growled jokingly.

"Wait how about girls against guys! Mum, want to be goalie for the girls?"

"Sure." She smiled and went to the part that was goal.

Paul enjoyed this, having a family game, but it still wasn't complete without their father. He always hated birthdays because their father wasn't there to enjoy it. George told Paul to go to the goal.

"I was goalie last time!" Paul said.

"John you then!"

"No, you be it George."

"But-"

"George." John gave him the death glare.

"Alright alright."

After two rounds of football the group went inside. The girls went to go get a shower before returning to doing stuff. The boys went upstairs and laid down. Paul fell asleep while George strummed his guitar and John read, slipping into sleep. George looked at his two brothers who had fallen asleep. John's glasses were crooked on his face and his book head fallen onto the floor. He sighed and got up and went over to JOhn.

"John?" George nudged his older brother.

John slowly opened his eyes. "Yyea.."

"Do we need to wrap Paul's present?"

"Yeah i think we do."

"Mariah is coming around with his big one."

"Whats that?"

George put his lips to John's ear and whispered. "A car."

"No way! Cool." John smiled.

"Yeah, i was talking with mum and Ashley the other day and mum said one problem with us 7 kids is that we need cars to get around in. The girls share one, and now Paul has one. So we can use it to go to our job!"

"Yeah but then that would mean its for both of us."

"Yeah, but its Paul's. Mum couldn't think of what to get him. He's never really wanted anything, so she just decided on a car. Though i told Mariah what car, he always liked it anyways."

"Oh you picked it out. Wel George you like cars."

"And guitars!" George grinned.

"More so guitars. Boy you used to draw them all the time!"

George chuckled. "Yeah."

Paul turned to his right side and mumbled in his sleep. George and John both got up to wrap the gift, silently shutting the door.

"Where are the girls?"

"Um, some where. Hi Maggie." John patted the little dog. It wagged its tail and licked John's hand continuously.

The boys went to go look for the wrapping materials and soon found them. 

"John! Your friend is here."

"Alright mum, George ill see ya later."John got up and patted George's back.

He said good bye and left. "I cant be gone to long."