Chapter 27 - Tell Me Why

Paul walked on the side of a road that was heading for London. It was beginning to get dark and he was hungry, spite the fact that  this was his 2nd day away without food. 

He sat down behind a dumpster to rest and laid his back pack down to sleep on it. He was exhausted and fell asleep quickly.

-------------

He woke up the next morning to a sound of a big truck. He grabbed his pack and hurried off. The city was just in his reach. Big Ben was looking over at the whole of London. The city was just waking up.

"Finally." Paul smiled to himself.

He found a park bench and sat down, took out his notebook and began writing.

3 April 

Im in London finally. Hopfully will get a good life here, and hopefully everyone back home will be safe now. 

Well Now im off for food. 

-Paul

Paul shut his book and placed it back in his bag. THen placed it on his shoulders and began to walk.   He didn't get far before his arm was pulled and he turned around to a slap across the face. His hands quickly went to his cheek and he stepped back. The man grabbed him again and this time pulled him towards a car.

"What are you doing alive? You should of been dead!" He hissed into Paul's ear, then threw him into the car.

"What did i do? Im not with John anymore! I left so the band wont be formed. Isn't this why your trying to kill us?" Paul pleaded.

"You, in a band?" The man cackled in disbelief.

"What do you mean?"

"Never thought it would happen." 

Paul frowned and tried to pull the doors open but didn't accomplish it. Then tried to unlock it but was pulled back.

"No getting out."

"Who are you then if your not trying to kill us?"

"You should know." The man growled and raised an eyebrow.

Paul shook his head.

"Still got the old look on you don't ya." The man laughed. 

Paul ran his hand over his cheek. "Insults wont get you out of this. Who are you?" Paul asked.

The man tossed back a black wallet. Paul opened it, it held an identity card.

Paul read it and shook his head. "No. No this cant be true..."

"Oh it is little Paulie." The man grinned evilly.

"But they said-"

"Oh i left, yes but not because you came, well that is half the reason. Your mother was a messed up person."

"She was arrested a few months ago."

Paul didn't receive a reply, he just sat back and thought for a moment. "Um, cant we start over?"

"Why? i don't want you."

"Then why did you take me?" 

"Because, im going to make sure it happens."

"But...but cant we start over? Please? PLease? Why didn't you want me?" 

"No."

Paul sighed and folded his arms. 

"'N no poutin' out of ye." 

The car pulled up to a big house. Another car was waiting and a lady stepped out.