Chapter 36

Nick POV

Demi had curled up into a ball in the corner of the couch. She had finally fallen asleep. I had tried to fall asleep next to her but when i tried she began to kick and scream so i just had to move away. I sat on the couch opposite and just watched her sleep, making sure she was safe. She was so scared and i couldn't do anything to help her. I was going to kick the crap out of whoever did this to her but even that wouldn't make her better.

My mom placed a soft kiss on my forehead. "We're going to go and get some rest" she said "You probably should too. We'll sort this out in the morning when Demi's a bit more stable."

"Okay" i said, my eyes not leaving Demi. I could feel tears filling up in my eyes.

Everyone began to leave the room apart from my mom. She began to walk over to me. Once she reached my side she sat down next to me and put her arms around my neck as i let all my emotion out. My face was buried in the crook of her neck as she consoled me.

"It's gonna be okay" she said repeatedly "We'll sort it out together".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun shone through the window and onto my skin. I raised my hand in front of my face to shield my eyes from the light. Joe was standing at the window opening the blinds.

"Get up" he said coldly.

I gently removed my mom's arm from my shoulder and stood up. I turned my head to the opposite couch. It was empty.

"Where's Demi?" i panicked.

"That's why i got you up." he said tapping at the wall, "I-I don't know where she is"

"W-What do you mean?" i asked nervously.

"I came through here about five minutes ago and she wasn't there, so i searched everywhere in this room and i still couldn't find her. Maybe she's just gone home"

I ran around the room looking for my phone. Once i found it i called Demi's number.

Hey you've reached my voicemail leave your-

"She's not picking up", i called again.

Hey you've reached-

"It's ringing, but she's not picking up. I'll try the house phone"

 I phoned her aunt's house, "Hello?" her aunt said.

"Hey, is Demi there?" i asked hopefully.

"No, she was out at a party last night, i didn't want her to go but she went anyway. She's probably staying at one of her friends houses"

"Okay. Can you tell her i called."

"Sure Nick, bye"

"Bye"

I wanted to tell her what happened to Demi but i couldn't. Demi would probably never talk to me again if i told someone about something this big without her permission.

"She's not there, where the hell is she?!." i cried.

"Nick listen," he said putting his arm around me "She's just gone through a traumatic experience. There not really anything you can do. Just give her a little time and-"

"No!" i yelled "I can't give her time! You know what she's been going through, if i leave her now, she'll think i don't care and she might try and hurt herself or worse!" Tears ran down my face. The thought of living without Demi killed me inside.

"Alright" he said getting teary eyed, "Let's go and find her"