Chapter 1

DEMI POV

I couldn't believe what my mom just told me, was she joking? God please say she's joking! She knows I can't go back. Not after all I went through in that hell hole.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*4 hour ago*

I stared outside watching for the mail man. I was so anxious to find out my results. I may have been home schooled, and yeah I have a blessed life with a bunch of unbelievable fans, but I still had to pass my exams like every other seventeen year old girl. He finally came, walking down the sidewalk happy as ever. I ran out the door like a young child running after an ice cream van. As he was about to slip the mail into the postbox, i grabbed it out his hands.

He raised one eyebrow, "You excited to check the bills?" he said with a grin.

I looked up from the letters just realizing how aggressive i was.

"I'm so sorry! Just really need to know how i've done in these exams" i replied apologetically.

"Oh!" he said "Well good luck!"

As he walked off into the distance, I grabbed tight onto the mail. Flicking through them all until i found it, the yellow letter read "Demetria Devonne Lovato".

I went inside to find my mom. She was upstairs trying to pull Maddie out of bed. She was grabbing hold of the bed frame, not releasing her grip. My mom finally gave up.

She sighed, "Well looks like i'll just eat the pancakes i made for you then"

Maddie's eyes shot open and she ran down the stairs. I giggled to myself and looked over to my mom.

"Has the mail came yet?" she asked.

"Uh yeah" i said holding the bundle of letters up "Can you open this, i'm really nervous"

I passed her the results and took a deep breath. She teared into the yellow envelope and slowly pulled out the sheet of paper. My heart beat grew stronger by the second. She gave me a reassuring smile before looking at the results. My heart dropped as her smile faded slowly.

"What is it?" I said

She didn't reply.

"Well!" I snapped.

She looked up at me. "You've failed every exam"

"W-wait, wait, there's no way! There were five different exams. I couldn't have-"

"Oh i get it" i laughed "Your just messin' with me right?"

Her facial expression didn't change.

"Your serious!" i yelled "What does this mean? What's gonna happen?!"

She walked passed me handing me the paper without saying a word, i looked at it, she wasn't lying. I ripped the paper in half and dropped it in front of me. How the hell did I fail every one? Yeah i was home schooled but it wasn't that badly done!

My mom yelled into the phone in rage. She had been shouting down the line for that last half hour or so, completely forgetting that Maddie had been wanting to go shopping for weeks now. She sat on the sofa with her head down, staring at her shoes. My mom's yelling got louder so I decided to take Maddie out and give my mom some time alone to vent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With about three heavy bags of clothes in my hands, I struggled to lift them to the door, Maddie was too busy playing with her new game to bother about helping me. A sudden weight was lifted out my hands. i turned round to see Nick standing behind me.

"Why thank you Jerry." i said reaching over to give him a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see how you did in your exams." he replied with a charming smile.

Nick was just so amazing, i mean he had been my friend for years, even after his brother and I broke up, he still stayed by my side though his family hated me. And not only that, but over the years he's became more and more attractive, and his muscles are just so sexy.

"Uh, I didn't do so well actually"

"C'mon you couldn't have done that bad!" he said playfully punching me in the arm with his free hand.

I smiled slightly "I failed them all"

He burst into a fit of laughter, dropping one of the bags to the ground.

"It's not funny!" I yelled

After helping me take the bags inside he took off, he had to go back to the studio to work on some music with his brothers.

My mom sat on the couch cracking her fingers while tapping her feet on the ground. She looked up at me and told me to sit with her. Maddie went upstairs to put all her brand new things away.

"Demi you need to listen and please don't get mad" she told me. "I phoned up the exam board and they said that there were no mistakes while marking the exam." She took a deep breath and after a few seconds she spoke again. "They wan't you to go back to public school"

My eyes widened, "What! No! I'm not going back you know what i've been through, you told them i wasn't going back right?"

She didn't reply and my eyes started to water up.

"I'm demi fucking lovato, where the hell am i supposed to go without people knowing who i am?!"

"What your mouth Demetria! You have to go back to get the education i never gave you. You may be famous but that doesn't mean you don't need a proper education!"

With that i burst into tears. How could she? Why would she? Where will I go?