Chapter 18

Nick POV

The moment Demi left i knew i had to go after her. I headed for the door before Miss Kelly called for me, asking me to help her with a few things which she said would only take a few minutes. I quickly helped her then left the room. I ran to the nearest door and left the building. There were too many people about, i couldn't see her. Eyes shot my way, and people started making their way over to me. I didn't have time to do this, i had to find her before she does something stupid.

In the far distance i could see Demi walking down the street. I tried to get past the crowd of people but there were too many. I had to make a run for it.

I pushed through the crowd and ran quickly down to my car. I pulled out my phone and called Demi's mom.

"Hello?" she answered.

"It's Nick, where does Demi's Aunt stay?" i asked in a panic.

"Why do you need to know?" she asked.

"I think she might be in trouble." i replied.

She gave me the address and i sped through the street making my way to the house, the puddles of water splashing as i drove through them.

I looked for the number on the house as i drove through the street, then i found it. Number 47.

I parked my car and bolted for the door. I didn't knock, i just went right in, i didn't care right now, all i cared about right now was Demi's safety.

I heard quiet sobs coming from one of the rooms, i slowly walked to the front of the door, seeing a sight i will never ever forget.

"D-DEMI!" i yelled.

I grabbed a towel from the rack above the sink and placed it on her bloody, scarred wrists. I had tears rolling down my face and they wouldn't stop. Demi had never seen me cry before.

I pulled her into a tight hug as she sobbed onto my shoulder. I didn't wan't to let go of her. Ever.

After about two hours of sitting with her, i looked down to see her sleeping. I picked her up, bridal style, and carried her upstairs. After looking about to find her room, i saw Demi's guitar sitting on a stand in the corner of a room, which i guessed was hers.

I lifted up the duvet and sat her on the bed. I removed her shoes then tucked the cover in. She looked so peaceful, like nothing had happened. I placed at kiss on her forehead and made my way down to the bathroom to clean up the mess.

I started cleaning the tiles on the floor when i heard the front door open. I didn't wan't to tell her aunt about what happened, but i knew i had to.

"Uh, hi" i said as i walked out of the bathroom.

She jumped as i walked out. "Your Nick aren't you? The one from Camp Rock"

"Uh yeah" i said.

"What are you doing in my home?" she asked.

"Well," i began "I was helping out at the school Demi's at, and i'm helping the class she's in. Its a long story, but something happened and i tried to talk to her but she ran out. So i called her mom and asked for the address to see if she was okay, and well," i picked up the bloody towel from the ground and showed it to her.

She put her hand up to her mouth and she began to cry. I didn't know her, but she was Demi's family, so i walked over to her and hugged her.

"You know," she said "You would be much better for her than Joe ever was. You seem like such a gentlemen, unlike he ever was"

"I know i would be better. But i don't think she wants me" i said.

Demi POV

He was crying. I made him cry, why did he have to see that?

Nick held me in his strong arms until i began to doze off.

I woke up in my room, Nick must have left me here. I stood up and i could smell Nick's scent on my clothes from where he had been holding me. I inhaled them and thought of Nick. I made my way to the door, i could here voices coming from downstairs.

I heard crying coming from the bottom of the stairs. I quietly made my way to get a closer look of why she was crying. I stuck my head around the corner to see Nick and my aunt hugging, and the towel with my blood on it, laying on the floor in front of them.

"You know," she said "You would be much better for her than Joe ever was. You seem like such a gentlemen, unlike he ever was" my aunt said.

"I know i would be better. But i don't think she wants me" Nick said.

What? He wants me?! I was internally screaming right now.

"I should probably get going" he said.

"Thank you Nick" my aunt said.

I made my way back to my room and got back into bed. I could hear my aunt coming upstairs so i pretended to sleep.

My door creaked open. I could feel my aunts presence in the room.

"You are so beautiful" she said. She kissed my forehead and walked out.

This must be a dream. Nick actually wants to be with me, after all this time i've known him, i knew he was the one.