Chapter 6

Nick POV

Thirty-six attempted calls to Demi. Now that must be a world record. I don't know why she won't answer, but if it's because of that comment i made about the exams, she's being a bit over dramatic. Maybe if i try and call her house her mom or dad might tell me where she is.

"Hello?" answered the voice.

"Hey Dianna, its Nick. I was just wondering if you could tell me where Demi is"

"She away to her aunts and is going to public school there"

"What?!" i yelled.

"Yea she left a couple of days ago"

"Why didn't she call to tell me she was going, or a text at least?"

"She was blocking everyone out and wouldn't talk to anyone. But don't take it as an offence, she didn't tell anyone she was going and she left her phone here and getting a new one over there"

"Wait, what do you mean over there?" i asked getting a bit worried 

"She's away to another country"

A lump formed in my throat. I tried to stay as calm as possible.

"Where is she?" i said on the verge of tears.

"She's in the UK"

"When will she be back?" i said with a crack in my voice.

"Sometime next year" she said sounding like she was about to cry too.

A single tear came rolling down my face and fell to the floor. A whole year without seeing Demi. I can't believe she didn't tell me, and after all the time we spent together.

"Thank you" i said putting down the phone.

I sat on the sofa with my hands on my face. We were working so well, i was even almost ready to ask her out on a date, and she leaves me like this with no warning. I don't even have her number so i can't even get in contact with her. This sucks.

Demi POV

It was weird being out in public without people rushing up to me and asking for autographs, or paparazzi following me everywhere trying to get a picture that would make the new. I just blended in, with the rest of society.

We went into multiple shops looking for clothes to try on for school. When we finally found a good shop i was told to go into the dressing room and try them on.

As i undressed, i stood in the small box only in my underwear. I looked into the mirror at my body. Why couldn't i be thin? No matter how much i starve myself or how much i purge, my body never changes. I couldn't stand to look at myself any longer so i started trying on the clothes.

"Does it fit?" my aunt asked from outside the dressing room.

"Yeah" i muttered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we got home thoughts took over my mind, and i started to get mad. I don't even know what was happening but rage burst out from within me.

"I'm going to put on diner, it will be ready in about 30 minutes" my aunt said

"I don't care you asshole!" i yelled

"Excuse me!" my aunt fired back

"I dont care! I don't even wan't to be here! I just want to go home!" i shouted throwing a fist into the nearby mirror.

Blood poured out from my fist and my rage faded into tears.

I started sobbing as my aunt ran to get a wet cloth and a towel.

I collapsed to ground with my head against the door. She hesitantly sat down beside me, putting the cloth over my hand. After wiping it clean she put her arm around me and hugged me tightly hushing me as i sobbed.