Chapter 21

Demi POV

Stares were thrown my way as i walked down the hallway. My aunt was probably already out of the building but i was walking really slow so i couldn't tell. Sarah saw me and ran over quickly.

"What happened?" she asked.

"I was set up." i said looking down to the ground.

"What do you mean?"

"She planted the drugs on me" i said quietly so no one would hear.

She stopped walking and just stood and watched me as i left. I got outside and saw my aunt waiting in the car. To be honest, i would rather walk, but it was already in the winter season and i didn't have a jacket. Taking a deep breath, i approached the car and got in.

"Why'd you do it Demi?" she asked looking very upset.

"I didn't take them!" i yelled "Why won't you believe me?!"

"Because of what you do to yourself Demi!" she started to tear up "You hurt yourself and i can't stand to see you do that to yourself."

I didn't say anything back, i just looked out the window and waited for her to drive off.

As soon as i got in i went up to my room and took out my phone. I had to text Nick, and tell him that something came up. I couldn't have him over tonight, he would start asking questions, and i really don't have the energy for that. I went to bed immediately after i texted Nick, i was exhausted.

I was awoken the next morning by my aunt. "Come on, get up" she said "You've got school today"

"No i don't" i said trying to open my eyes "I got expelled remember"

"I got a call last night from the school saying that a girl named Sarah admitted to planting the drugs on you. I'm really sorry Demi, i should have believed you" she said giving me a hug.

"Its fine" i said giving her a fake smile "I uh, should probably get ready". She left the room and walked down the stairs. I got out my phone and sent a message to Sarah.

To Sarah: Why did you do that? You didn't do anything

I got an immediate reply.

From Sarah: It sorta was my fault. If i hadn't brought in the drugs this never would've happened

To Sarah: Why did she do it?

From Sarah: Apparently Holly put her up to it, and since she's like really popular she got other people to join in with it.

What a fucking bitch. I can't believe someone would do something like that. But the fact that she's using her popularity to try and tear me down really pisses me off. It reminds me of the bullies at my old school.

Today was going to be brutal.

----------------------------------------------------

I walked into the class and sat down not looking at anyone. I knew people were staring so i just kept my head down. Registration felt like it was never going to end, i quickly turned round and looked at the clock, and in the corner of my eye, i could see people whispering and looking at me.

The day was going really slow and people kept giving me weird looks. It was really making me more self conscious than i already am.

By the time lunch came, i didn't know what to do. I would have no one to sit beside in the cafeteria, but if i went up to see Nick he would probably start asking questions.

But i can't ignore him forever.

I started to make my way up the the room. When i got to the corridor i saw Dylan and his friends standing there messing around. The soon all notice me standing at the door and as i step through he starts to approach me.

"Hey" he said with a wink. I furrow my eyebrows and begin to walk past him, and as as do he stands out in front of me.

"Where are you going?" he asked still standing in front of me.

"None of your business you creep!" i yelled "Now get out my way!"

"Don't think so" he said as he begins to put his hands on my ass. His friends just stand there and laugh, not even telling him that what he's doing is SEXUAL HARASSMENT! I could get him jailed for this!

"Get off me you pervert!" i scream trying to get his hands off me. He just keeps doing it more and more.

"HEY!" i hear a voice yell from behind me. I could hear fast footsteps approaching us.

"Get your hands off of her!" he yells.

"Whoa dude chill out." Dylan casually said as i see Nick pulling him off of me. "She's my girl, i can do what i want with her"

"We're not dating." i said trying to hold in my tears.

Nick looks at him as if he's about to kill him with his bare hands. But as much as i'd like that, i can't have Nick not being here with me.

Nick squared up to him and pushed him up against the wall, "You come near her again, and i'll end you" he said. Dylan looked quite scared as did his friends. Maybe he'll finally get the message.

"Now beat it." Nick said letting go of him. They run through the doors and out of sight.

He turned round and looked at me gently. "You okay?" he asked. I just smiled and nodded my head. He held out his hand, and i placed mine in his. They fitted together perfectly like a puzzle piece.

He led me into the empty room and sat down with me on the table still holding onto my hand. He turned round to me giving one of his irresistible smiles. His brown eyes were perfect, just like him. He raised his right hand and placed it on my cheek, slowly caressing it with his thumb which made me blush. This moment was perfect, even with what just happened, being with Nick made me forget everything. It wasn't long before our lips were crashing and moving in sync. I moved my hands up onto his chest and began to push him back onto the desk. In doing so he pushed back up and broke the kiss.

"We can't do that here Demi" he said chuckling.

"Sadly" i said pouting at him. We sat for a few minutes in a comfortable silence before Nick began to talk again.

"So, what did that douche want?"

"I don't know" i said honestly "He keeps trying to talk to me, and probably now since Sarah's gone, its just going to get worse"

"Who's Sarah?" he asked.

I totally forgot to tell him about everything. I have to tell him.

"Well do you remember hearing my name being called through the tannoy?" i asked.

"Yeah" he said looking at me strangely.

"Well, i was called down so they could search me for drugs"

"What?!" he yelled "Why would they do that, you don't do drugs"

I gulped and just stared at the ground.

"Demi, you don't-, you didn't-"

"It was only a few times!" i said "I felt lonely and depressed, i had to recreate the feeling of something again or i would of done something much worse"

"Did you have any with you?" he asked looking on the verge of tears.

"Well, technically yes, but i was planted. That girl Holly got everyone to say that they saw me with drugs and i got framed. She used her popularity to her power"

Nick rubbed his temples with his thumb and index finger, "I really wan't to help you Demi, i feel like i owe you that and i couldn't live with myself if anything happened to you."

He pulled me into a hug. I didn't understand why he wasn't yelling at me right now. How is he all so understanding about all of this?