Chapter 16

Nick POV

1 week ago

"I don't care he deserved it!" i yelled.

"Nobody ever deserves to be assaulted like that. You punched him in the face twice Nick. What did Joe do to deserve that. Please explain to me?" my dad shouted.

I was about to explode. If i didn't stay calm, my dad would have a black eye in any moment. I rubbed my temples with my index finger and thumb as i stared at the ground.

"He was insulting Demi" i said calmly.

"Wait. Your telling me that you punched your brother. Your blood and a person that you grew up with, because he said some bad things about his ex?" he asked still angered.

"What is wrong with you people?!" i roared "We've known Demi for three years, and your just calling her out as yet another one of Joe's ex's. Joe, Kevin, Demi and i spent hours just talking when we filmed camp rock. We went everywhere together, and we always knew how to make each other laugh when we were feeling down. But the second Joe dumped her, this family ignored her like we never knew her."

My dad sat speechless. He knew i was right. I was the only one that kept contact with Demi after Joe broke up with her.

I sat with my fists clenched and my dad took note of this.

"We're sending you away to help out at a school" he suddenly said.

"Excuse me?" i asked as i sat forward.

"The family had a meeting and we agreed that you should take a break. So we're sending you over to a school to help out."

I took in what he said.

"Okay" i said.

"Okay?" he asked looking confused.

"Okay as in i'll do it. It will keep me away from Joe so i don't care. He's really pissing me off"

"Well that was easier than i-"

"Wait. You said 'sending you over'. What's that supposed to mean?" i asked.

"Uh, well the school's actually in Ireland"

"Ireland!" i yelled.

"Fine. Whatever." i said shaking my head.

6 days later

I made my way to the airport from a cab. I refused to talk to anyone other than Frankie since my dad told me i was going to Ireland. Frankie gave me all the directions that my mom had written down for me on a notepad. I was still in shock that my mom and Kevin actually agreed to this even though they knew i loved Demi and that i was just sticking up for her.

I disguised myself well so that when i got into the airport, the paparazzi wouldn't recognise me. I blended in with the crowd and didn't get spotted even though there were barely any paparazzi. My parents didn't tell anyone other than family that i was going.

The flight was long and boring. I spent most of my time watching movies, listening to music and writing a song.

Once i got off of the plane i was asked by a few people for autographs and pictures which i gladly gave to them.

A tall man in a black suit held up a card with my name on it. He led me out to a limo. I hopped into the back seat, then he drove of to the hotel that i was staying at.

I got out and thanked the driver. He brought my things into the hotel so i gave him a tip. A shorter man then appeared to take my bags up to the room i was staying in.

As soon as he left i face planted onto the bed and fell asleep right away.

I woke up at 6am so i decided to take a shower and get ready for the first day of helping this school. I was helping the people in the music department because of my musical abilities.

I went down to the front of the building where there was a black Audi that my mom said, in the notebook, would be there by the time i had to go to the school.

I picked up the keys from the lobby and headed out to the car. My mom left a map in the notebook that would lead me to the school. The school wasn't a long drive from here.

I was told to head in early so i wouldn't be crowded by students so i got there at 8am.

I went to the lobby where i was lead up to a room full of staff. I was greeted by a woman named Miss Kelly.

She told me that since i would be here for a few weeks, i would be taking one pupil at a time, into a room and helping them perform a something in front of the rest of the class.

I spent most of the day sitting in the staff room planning out what i wold be doing as Miss Kelly only had a few classes, which was excellent for me. But i was told that it was only one year group i would be helping out with.

After lunch i spent the 5th period on some instruments in Miss Kelly's room. She had no class that period but had a class last so i decided to warm up on the drums.

A couple on minutes before the class started she asked me to go and get a few things from the staff room so i went over to find them and she left the room as well.

Just as i was about to walk out of the room the bell rang. I decided to stay in the room till the hall had cleared.

After a few minutes i walked out into the hall and made my way back to the classroom. I opened the door and as soon as i did i was greeted with smiles and some screams. I laughed then set the things down on the cleared table.

"Nick will be here for the next few weeks and each of you will get to perform with Nick" Miss Kelly said.

I took a glance around and was stopped by a familiar face.

It was Demi!

Demi was here right in front of me!

She didn't look up at me but my eyes were glued on her.

My heart was racing. I just wanted to hug her but i knew i couldn't. I wasn't going to make a scene. Demi was obviously trying to tell me this by the way she was acting. She didn't wan't people to know who she really was.

I looked away from her and i was handed a list of names.

"Pick whoever you want to go and work with first" she said.

I glanced through the names, but obviously i was going to chose Demi.

"Hmm." i said. Everyone's eyes were on me now including Demi's.

"Uh, Demi Lovato" i said.

She looked at me, still not smiling.

She looked so much different than she did before she left. She looked really pale and very slim. And not a healthy slim. I noticed the many bracelets on her arm as well, i had to talk to her.