Chapter 27

Demi POV

I walked into my aunts house with a huge smile on my face. It hadn't changed since Nick asked me out earlier on today. In the kitchen i could see my aunt sitting on the laptop doing some stuff for her work. When i walked in she looked up at me strangely.

"Why are you so happy?" she asked closing the laptop.

"Nothing" i said still grinning like an idiot.

She raised her eyebrow at me. "Demi"

I looked down at the ground beaming as i began to talk "Nick asked me out on a date"

She stood up and ran over to me jumping. "I knew it! I knew he liked you!" she shreiked. I began to jump about as well, i've never been so excited about anything in my life.

"What are you going to wear?" she asked.

"I'm not sure but Nick said to keep it casual"

"Can i do your make up?" my aunt begged.

"Sure" i giggled.

Nick said to keep it casual but i was still going to make an effort to look good. I put on a pair of skinny jeans, a white tank top, my black leather jacket and a red beanie hat.

My aunt finished off my make up and i was ready to go. I couldn't wait to see what Nick had planned for our date.

Minutes later the door bell rang. I looked over to my aunt and she gave me a thumbs up. Taking a deep breath, i opened the door. Nick looked amazing.

"Wow." he said "You look beautiful"

I could feel my cheeks begin to turn red. I looked at the ground and smiled. Nick was the only person that could make me blush so much.

Nick held his arm out and i linked it with mine then led me to his car, opening the door for me. The first few minutes in the car were pretty quiet.

"So where are we going?" i asked breaking the silence.

"I can't tell you" he grinned.

"Can i get a clue?" i asked.

"No"

"A location?"

"No" he laughed "You'll see when we get there"

"Fine" i sighed.

After driving for about twenty minutes, i could see a huge structure in the distance. It was a ferris wheel!

"Oh my god are we going to the carnival?!" i asked. Nick looked at me and smiled. I jumped in my seat clapping my hands excitedly.

"You're cute when you get excited" he said smiling at me.

We drove up to the fair and Nick parked his car. He quickly got out and ran round to my side to open the door for me.

"You're such a gentleman" i said.

We began to walk through the carnival in a comfortable silence. I glanced over at Nick to see him looking at me nervously.

"What's wrong?" i asked.

"N-nothing" he replied.

A few moments later i felt Nick's hand lace through mine. I bit my lip and looked up at him, his eyes were on the ground but i could see him holding back a smile.

"So what do you want to do first?" he asked.

I looked around and saw exactly what i wanted to do. "Let's do that!" i said pointing at the high striker.

Nick gave money to the man and i took hold of the hammer and hit the lever. The puck went half way up the tower but no where near the bell.

"Unlucky" the man said "Why don't you give the hammer to your boyfriend and see if he can hit it?"

I turned around and grinned at Nick. This time i payed the man and i handed the hammer over to Nick. A crowd began to form as he stepped up. As he held the hammer i could see his biceps flexing, he turned to face me one more time before striking the hammer against the lever. The puck shot and hit the bell. A cheer came from the crowd that had gathered as Nick was handed one of the fluffy toys. As Nick walked over  to me he flexed his biceps and handed me the toy.

"Thank you" i said standing on my tip toes and giving him a peck on the cheek.

We had a great time going round and trying everything out but the best part was the end of the date. He took me home and walked me to the front door. I turned to face him and he slowly connected his lips with mine.

"So" he began "Would you like to be my girlfriend?"

"Yes" i beamed.