Chapter 9

Demi POV

People started to walk by in the corridor, i started digging my nails into my thigh, it hurt like hell. I stared into the desk that was in front of me, as i heard people starting to enter the room.

"Mornin' miss!" a boy said striding into the class.

"Good morning Dylan" she said back.

He looked at me and gave me a wink. Is he for real? I furrowed my eyebrows at him and he bit his lip. I ignored him and looked over to the window. It was a beautiful view.

"As you've probably noticed we have someone new in the class" Mrs Ferguson said

Fuck. She better not make me say anything.

"This is Demi. She's new here"

No shit Sherlock.

"Now would someone mind showing Demi about, making sure she gets to her classes?"

I didn't turn around to look who'd put there hand up, because i know no one would.

"Thank you for volunteering" she said.

Wow. Someone actually volunteered.

"Demi this is Sarah"

I turned round to face her. She wore a lot of make up. But she seemed nice.

"Hi!" she said grinning at me.

"Hey" i replied.

"Oh my god! Your from America?"

Everybody turned over to look at me.

"Yup" i said nervously laughing.

After about five minutes of sitting there i started feeling really uncomfortable, i heard a group of boys at the back talking about me and Sarah kept talking to her friends, still going on about how i was American. I didn't want all this attention, i just wanted to be in the background, not being in anyone's way.

Mrs Ferguson walked over to me "This is your timetable for the year. Sarah will keep you right and take you to your classes"

"Thanks" i said.

The bell rang for the first class, i was in geography. I should be good at this, i've been all over the world on tours.

I followed Sarah out of the class. "What are you in?" she asked.

"Geography"

"Who's your teacher?"

"Mr Bert"

"Me too! I'll sit next to you"

"Ok" i said.

Well at least i won't be alone, but i was scared. Walking in the corridor people kept looking at me. I felt like they were judging me. I got an urge to run out the school and just go back to my aunts but i knew she would get mad.

We quickly walked into the classroom so we could get seats together. There were two in the back corner so we took them.

"We're going to continue what we were doing before the summer on glaciation"

What...The...Fuck.

"You must be the new addition to out class" he said looking over at me.

I nodded my head. He walked over to me handing me a jotter and some sheets with a whole bunch of crap i don't know on them.

"Did you learn any of this in your last school?" he asked.

I hesitated to answer. I didn't really want people knowing i was home schooled. People would start firing questions at me asking why i didn't go to public school and i didn't want to tell them i left because i was bullied.

A simply answered "No"

"Ok then. I'll talk to you throughout the lesson and get you started" he said giving me a smile.

I liked this guy already. Only person not to ask me if i was American.

This shit made no sense to me, all the words here were like a foreign language.

The lesson finished and i only learned one thing.

I suck at geography.

The next class i was in was maths. The teacher, Mrs Duffy, gave me a seat she'd chose, i sat next to a boy, he seemed quite shy and didn't look like a douche.

"Hi" i said taking a seat next to him.

"Hello" he said "I'm Keith"

"I'm Demi"

This was okay. I could actually do this, the one thing my mom taught me well.

A blue square rolled from behind me hitting my shoe.

"Can you get that?" a voice asked from behind me.

I leaned down and picked it up, it was just a rubber. As i turned round to give it back, it was that boy that tried to hit on me this morning, Dylan. I placed it on the desk and tuned staight back around. A few moments later it rolled back in front of me. Again, he asked me to get it. This happened several times and i was getting pissed and just left it.

It then got to a point where he tapped me on the shoulder and thats where i almost snapped, but i kept my cool and just hit his hand off my shoulder. Thank god the bell rang at that point, if it didn't i would have shoved a cactus up his ass.

In the corridor Sarah came from behind me and asked if i wanted to sit with her and her friends in the cafeteria. I sat next to them and they were really nice.

The day went on, i went to english, history and religious studies which i did pretty good in. The last class of the day was one i know i would kick ass in.

Music.

I strode into the class. I felt much better than i did this morning, i even made a couple of friends. This was nothing like the school i went to back in Texas, no bullies, everybody was really nice.

I took a seat and the teacher Miss Kelly did the register. I hadn't seen many of the people in this class around today.

"What two instruments would you like to play?" Miss Kelly asked me

"What can you do?" i asked.

"You can choose acoustic guitar, keyboard, piano, voice, electric guitar, bass guitar or drums"

"I'll take voice and piano"

"Okay" she said.

She went on explaining what we would be doing during the year and once she's done we would go on to play the instruments we'd chose.

"Demi, Holly and Lauren come out just now" she said "The three of you chose voice so you will each choose a song to play and tomorrow you will perform it in front of the class. You can go and practise in the room next door."

We went along and i took a seat at the piano.

"So what are you guys going to sing" i asked

"None of you business." Holly said laughing at me.

All the confidence i'd gained disappeared just after that one sentence.

"We're the best singers in this school" Lauren added.

I laughed to myself after she'd said that.

These bitches are going down.