Chapter 34

Nick POV

"So how's working at the school going?" my dad asked as he grabbed a apple out of the silver fruit bowl.

"It's going pretty well." i replied "There's some talented people there" i smiled thinking only about Demi. My family kept having conversations with me but all i could think about was Demi. I've never been happier than i was in this moment. My family was here, Joe and i were speaking again and of course, i have the one and only Demi Lovato as my girlfriend.

I thought she would have texted me by now. She's probably just really busy with school work or working on music.

"Why are you so happy?" Joe asked grinning at me.

"I'm just happy that you guys came all this way to see me."

"We've actually got a couple of new songs that we've been working on for the next album. Maybe later we could show you them and see what you think"

"Yeah. I've not really been writing much lately though. I've been pretty busy but i'd love to hear what you and Kev have got"

I got up from the my chair and went through to the kitchen where my mom and Kevin were making the dinner. We hadn't had a family dinner for a while and we barely got to do it with all of our busy schedules. The only time we really spent time together was during the holidays.

I picked up a knife and began to chop up some vegetables. I always loved helping my mom cook when i was younger and it hasn't changed.

Once dinner had been cooked we all sat at the kitchen table, and ate like a proper family. It felt nice to be surrounded by them and not arguing like before i left.

After we ate Joe and Kevin wanted to show me a few new songs that they had wrote. I gave Kevin the guitar and they began to sing.

"That was really good" i said smiling after they had finished.

"Thanks" they both said.

"It could definitely be one of the songs on the album but i think it needs to be livened up a bit"

"Yeah i know" Joe said "It's just a start"

"Maybe we could-"

I was interupted by a loud pounding coming from the front door. I scrunched my eyes in confusion they strolled over to the door. I took hold of the handle and pulled it open.

As soon as i did i was greeted with Demi running into my arms and crying.

"Demi what's wrong?" i asked concerned.

"I'm so sorry Nick" she slurred. She was obviously drunk. Why is she apologising that she's drunk? Did she cheat on me?!

"Why are you sorry? What happened?"

"I didn't want it to happen Nick. I'm sorry it's my fault" she cried onto my shoulder.

I lightly pulled her chin so she was making eye contact with me.

"What did you do?" i asked preparing myself for the worst.

I wasn't expecting what she said. I was shocked, angered and deeply upset.

She looked back up at me with tears in her eyes.

"I was raped"