Chapter 30

Nick POV

My head was throbbing. What the hell happened? Why am i laying on the hotel floor?

I glanced over at the clock. It was 7:26. Shit! I was supposed to be at Demi's half an hour ago. I stumble onto my feet and head for the door. Everything was really blurry. I had to get out the room so i could tell someone i needed to go to the hospital. Stammering out of the room, i slammed against the opposite wall. I used my hands to guide myself to the elevator and clicked the button that lead to the lobby floor.

Ding.

Everything went dark.

Demi POV

"Hello?" i answered.

"Is this Demi?" asked the unfamiliar voice.

"Yeah. Who's this?"

"My names Marie. I'm a paramedic from the hospital. We have a patient that's just came in called Nick Jonas and he was falling in and out of consciousness. When he was awake he was shouting the name 'Demi'"

"Uh, i'll be there as quick as i can"

With that, i left the house and sped over to the local hospital. Has Nick been attacked?

I quickly parked and ran into the lobby. I got the chills. I really hated hospitals. They freaked the shit out of me.

I approached the receptionist and asked about Nick. She gave me the room number and i headed up. Down the hall i could see Nick laying in a bed talking to a doctor. Thank god he was awake.

I entered the room without hesitation and went over to hug Nick. "Are you okay?" i asked.

"Nick's blood sugar was low." the doctor explained "He collapsed and hit his head off the ground. Once his sugar levels are normal he should be okay to go home" he smiled.

"Thanks" i said as the doctor left.

"I probably should have noticed the symptoms." he sighed. "I'm sorry for missing our date"

"Nick, you don't need to be sorry." i chuckled "You're in hospital after collapsing, i'm just glad you're okay"

He leaned over to me and pecked my lips.

"Wow thats a pretty big bruise on your head" i said rubbing my thumb over it.

"I guess you'll just have to kiss it better" he said cutely.

I giggled and then gave his head multiple kisses.

"Have you called your parents yet?" i asked

"No they don't need to worry about it. I'm fine"

"Nick you're in hospital. That's pretty serious. At least called them and tell them what happened."

"Fine i'll do it later. But i'm pretty tired now so i might just go to sleep"

"Babe you can't go to sleep because of your concussion."

He just sat and grinned at me. "What?" i asked confused.

"Nothing its just you've never called me babe before"

We talked for a while so i could keep Nick from falling asleep but i was asked by the doctors to leave because it was late.

Driving back, i thought about tonight. I was terrified when i got that call to say Nick was in the hospital. What if something worse ever happened to him. I don't think i would be able to cope in a world without him.

I was in love with him.