Chapter 15

Demi POV

For the past couple of weeks i had been partying pretty hard, doing things that were really bad for me. But i didn't care. In fact, nobody cared. People just gave me whatever i wanted which was good in a way, but people knew about how much money i had. It sucked not knowing who actually wanted to be my friends and who just wanted money off me, but as long as i wasn't getting bullied, i was fine.

That one week i didn't cut took a toll on me. I'd cut myself more than normally over the past couple of weeks, i was throwing up more as well. Without my mom, little sister and Nick by my side, my life was falling apart. I'd called my family a lot but it wasn't the same and i'd lost contact with Nick since that time he was arguing with Joe.

I walked into class and as usual Dylan attempted to flirt with me and i continued to ignore him. He was delusional if he thought i was going to date him. I'd been here for just over a month and i saw what he did to girls.

I had physical education first thing which i refused to do. They were doing swimming so i just didn't bring anything with me. I felt far to self conscious to get changed in front of people, and if i did swimming i would have to take off my bracelets which would reveal one of my biggest darkest secrets. But today they were doing basketball and i was forced to borrow kit from the school.

I walked into the changing rooms wanting to cry. Some of the girls looked at me which made me extremely uncomfortable.

"Your doing PE?" Sarah asked sarcastically.

"Yup" i said with a fake giggle.

"I don't know how you stay so skinny when this is the first time you've done PE here" she said smiling.

I froze. How am i supposed to respond to that? She's bringing up the one thing i feel most uncomfortable talking about.

I just tried to hold a smile hoping she would go away. Lucky for me it worked. I waited for the changing rooms to clear before getting changed, i didn't want people to look at me.

I walked out of the changing rooms with the itchy, gross clothes on and made my way to the gym hall where everyone was already playing. Sarah walked over to me flinging the ball into my hands.

"What took you so long?" she asked.

"I was debating on whether or not to wear these clothes" i lied.

We began to play and we were split into teams. I was with Sarah, and two tall guys. I barely did anything the whole time until the ball was flung at me and when i went to grab it one of my bracelets flew off my wrist, revealing my scars.

I quickly picked it up off the ground and placed it back on. I looked around me to see if anyone was staring at me. No one looked at me except my angry team mates who just lost the game because of me. Well fuck them i don't care.

"Demi" Sarah called pushing me out into the hall.

"Look i'm sorry i lost you the game. I'm just not good at sports" i said fake laughing.

"I saw your wrist when your bracelet came off" she said.

"I don't know what your talking about" i said trying to smile as i took a step back.

"You don't?" she said sarcastically "Well take your bracelets off and go in there"

I looked down at the ground trying to think of an excuse.

"Look i'm begging you. Please don't tell anyone" i pleaded.

"Why would you do this to yourself Demi?" she asked "You seem to have the perfect life. I just don't see your reason for doing this"

"You don't know my life at all. I've been through hell. So don't you dare make a comment on me when you have no idea what i've lived through!" i yelled storming away to the changing rooms with tears rolling down my cheeks.

She was going to tell everyone and I knew it. The door flew open. I stood up with my back to whoever it was so they couldn't see me crying my eyes out.

The footsteps came closer to me. I wiped the tears away with my hand and turned round to see Sarah walking towards me. She put her arms around me as i fell to the ground.

"Its okay" she said as i cried on her shoulder. I never really liked being comforted by people i barely knew but i trusted Sarah. Not a lot of people would keep a secret like this but i had faith in her.

After i'd stopped crying, i thanked Sarah for helping me and once again told her not to tell anyone which she'd crossed her heart not to.

The day went on and during the times i was with Sarah she acted like nothing had happened which i was thankful for.

Fifth period i had maths which was awful, i almost burst into tears because of what the boys sitting behind me were talking about.

"Did you hear that Brian Coleman started cutting" Dylan said as he laughed.

"Yeah can you imagine that! That emo prick" One of the other boys joked. After that they were all laughing making cutting gestures which really offended me. Mrs Duffy looked over at them seeing what they were doing but not saying anything.

"You okay?" Keith asked clearly seeing i was upset by this.

"Uh yeah" i replied.

A hand tapped on my shoulder "Hey babe wanna go out on Friday night?" It was Dylan.

"Go, Fuck yourself" i shouted.

"Demi out of my classroom!" Mrs Duffy yelled.

I stormed to the front of the classroom, went over to the door, opened it and slammed it shut. I paced in the corridor thinking about what just happened. It upset me about how some people think self harming is funny but at the same time i'm mad tha t Dylan had the cheek to talk to me after that.

After about five minutes Mrs Duffy came out the classroom with her arms crossed.

"You should know you shouldn't use that language in a school classroom" she said.

"Oh, but its okay to make jokes about self harming is it?" i asked with my arms crossed and my eyebrows raised.

"Excuse me" she said "Don't talk back to me, your the one in the wrong here"

"I might be in the wrong but your just mad cuz you know i'm right"

She stared at me blankly.

"Thats what i thought" i said leaning against the wall.

"Never in my life have i met someone with such cheek. You've just earned yourself a detention after school" she said giving me a sly smile.

What a bitch.

After that period finished i had music. I was pissed and i was going to write a song to calm down.

I walked into the class and took a seat.

MIss Kelly walked into the the room with a big smile on her face.

"Okay class today we have a very special guest."

I didn't really pay attention to what she was saying, i was too busy writing a song. I heard the door open but i kept my head down. I was in the zone.

"Oh my god!" A girl screamed.

I rose my head up from my song to see a familiar face standing in front of me.

My heart began to race.

What is he doing here?