CHAPTER 50: FLOWER CROWN

I jump when I hear the front door unlocking but am soon met by fiery red hair, so I calm down.

"Get dressed, beauty."

"Huh?" I ask, flustered by his suddenness.

"Get dressed" he smiles.

"Um...in what?" I laugh.

"Anything. Just put something on, we're going out somewhere."

"Where?"

"Can't tell ya."

"Ed-"

"Get dressed Tay", he whines cutely.

"Okay, okay" I laugh.

I get up slowly and head to my room to get dressed. I really don't know what to wear but it's spring so I pick out a white floral dress with light pink and baby blue flowers all over it. I go to my shoe closet and choose a pair of pretty floral Keds that match the dress perfectly.

I comb my hair down and it falls perfectly down my shoulders and back and I style my bangs to where most of it falls to the left. With one last glance in the mirror, I smile, pleased with my appearance, and start heading downstairs. Ed has changed into some cargo shorts and a white v-neck. I grab my small purse and make my way towards him.

"Ready to go?" he asks, a smile playing on his lips.

"Maybe I'd be more ready if you told me where we were going..." I trail off.

"No, it's a surprise...", he says mocking my tone. I just roll my eyes and follow him out the door.

I stare into darkness, getting hopelessly impatient. There's a bandana tied around my head at the moment, of course, because of this 'surprise' Ed has for me. I think about all the possible places we could be going and start getting a bit worried. What if people saw me?

"Ed, what if people see me?"

"You won't have to worry about that."

I can't see him but I can sense he's smiling. The anxiety is killing me and I really wanna know where we are at the moment so I slide the bandana off my eyes a little only to have it pulled back down.

"No." Ed says sternly.

"Ughhhh! Are we at least close to being there?"

"Mhm" he hums, but I know he's not telling the truth because he said the same thing last time I asked.

I sit back in my seat again and decide to take a nap until we get to wherever we're going.

"WE'RE HERE."

Never mind.

"So I can look now?" I say while taking the bandana off slowly.

He pulls it back over my eyes and I groan, really irritated by now.

"Soon, just wait okay?"

"Okay", I mumble.

All of a sudden I feel his lips move against mine and I don't hesitate to kiss back even though I'm slightly upset. Before the kiss gets too heated, he pulls away and I frown. I hear the car door open and Ed's on my side of the vehicle a few moments later.

"Come on", he says, guiding me out of the car and onto the pavement. He continues to guide me until we start walking into what feels like grass and I stop.

"Ed, where are we?"

"Keep walking."

I continue to let him guide me through the grass until he stops and tells me to sit. Slowly, I sit down on something soft- probably a blanket.

"Can I take this off now...?"

"Mhm."

I tear it off and immediately I feel tears pricking at my eyes. Memories from my childhood flood my mind as I look around the most beautiful field I've ever been in. There are various types of flowers blooming about the ground and soft green grass everywhere. I used to come to this meadow all the time with my mom when I was younger. When I'd feel under the weather and missed school, she'd take me here. When my friends at school were teasing me, she'd bring me here. When I first got my heart broken, she brought me here. And we would talk about anything and everything and just enjoy the atmosphere. I can't believe it's been so long since I last come here. I turn around and look at the huge tree that we would always lean against and eat lunch at.

I look at Ed and see he has a flower crown with yellow and white flowers on his head.

"How did you know I used to come here? And why are you wearing that?" I giggle.

He smiles and answers me, "Your mum told me about this place once and it sounded beautiful so I brought you here. And it's cool, I got you one too", he smiles cheekily.

Next thing I know, he's placing a flower crown on my head with soft pink and white flowers that go quite nice with my outfit.

I laugh then hug the life out of him while thanking him for doing this.

"No problem, love. I'll be right back okay? Stay here." He gets up and goes to the car then pulls out a basket from the trunk. He's back a few seconds later with the basket in hand.

"Lunch." He says, placing it on the blanket we're on. I open it and find sandwiches from my favourite sandwich shop not too far from my house. Also, there is sparkly wine and cookies tucked within the basket. Immediately, I take a warm sugar cookie and look up at Ed with nothing but pure happiness in my eyes. All my worries fade away as I realize that this kid is really going to take care of me.

"Take a picture with me", he says.

"Okay, come 'ere"

He scoots to where he is sitting next to me and pulls out his phone, taking a picture of us- all three of us- with our flower crowns and delicious cookies.

When he's done, he looks at me with seriousness in his eyes.

"I think it's time for everyone to know."

I bite my lip and nod in agreement as he posts the picture on twitter and turns off his phone to avoid all the expected notifications that are bound to blow it up.

He then looks up at me and smiles.

"Lets dig in."

I thought the surprise was over but apparently I was wrong because right after we were finished chilling in the meadow, he drove us somewhere else.

An amusement park.

I felt uneasy about it at first cause I'm pregnant and will more than likely throw up or something, although, he did drive me all the way here and it wouldn't hurt to have some fun.

Okay it probably would, but I decide not to worry about that right now.

We go on the small and slow rides first, before he asks me if I think I can go on one of the big rides.

I agree to go on one, but I never expected it to turn out how it did....

"You ready?" He asks while we're going up the slightly steep slope.

"I've been on a roller coaster before, I'll be fine", I laugh.

"Okay", he smirks.

We reach the top after a few seconds and that's when the nerves kick in. I look to my left and see Ed staring at me. I don't know what it was, but it was something I've never seen before. Before I could even prepare myself for it, he pulls out a single flower and says something that I'd waited for but didn't expect to hear right then.

"Do you wanna get married?"

Right then, the cart we're in plunges downward and I'm screaming my lungs out

(1) because we were higher than I originally thought.

But mostly because

(2) I've just been proposed to on a roller coaster.

____________________________________________________________________

Sorry for any mistakes.

<313