CHAPTER 14: HIS HANDS WERE IN MINE

Okay. I can do this, just come right out and say it. Ed, I like you. I really really like you. That's all you have to do. And if he doesn't feel the same? Just don't let it ruin our wonderful friendship. I think I can do it. I will.

I walk into the bathroom to brush my teeth but the toothpaste isn't there.

"ED, I SAID BRING THE TOOTHPASTE BACK!"

"Sorry!" he yelled back. He showed up a few seconds later with my toothpaste.

"Its alright, but this will not occur again, Mr. Sheeran. Understood?"

"Understood." We both laughed and I proceeded to brush my teeth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So. When are you planning on telling him?"

"Tonight."

"Awww! I cant wait!"

"Why do you even want us together so bad?"

"Because you two are cute!"

"Who's cute?" Ed showed up behind me and Caitlin. My stomach did a million flips. Does he already know?

"Ummm, me and Taylor." I said quickly, mentally face palming myself for saying that.

"Oh." was all he said, then he left.

"What's up with him?" I ask Caitlin.

"He's jealous of you and Taylor. Little does he know there is no you and Taylor."

"Whatever."

We showed up at the amusement park we were going to today. I'm so excited!

"Wanna pair up?" Caitlin asked, winking at me.

"Sure" I walked over to her, but she quickly grabbed Grant's hand. She leaned in so only us two could hear.

"I mean with Ed." she whispered.

"Ohhh...." I looked over to where Ed was standing and he was turned around looking at one of the rollercoasters. He turned around and saw me staring so I smiled sweetly and walked over to him.

"So....wanna be my ride buddy?"

"Sure, where do you wanna go first?"

"Um, lets start out small! Then we'll get to the big ones."

"Okay." we stood there awkwardly then headed towards some of the small rides.

Everything was awkward and quiet at first. Was Ed mad at me? Whatever it was, he got over it after the first ride. We laughed then headed towards another ride.

"Hop on my back!" I hopped on his back and we walked, well he walked, to another ride. It was bigger. Way bigger than the ride we just got off of.

"I thought we were going on small rides first."

"We will. I just want to make sure we get this one in before its time to go and we have to miss out on it."

"Okay!" We waited in line and talked to people around us. Some offered to let us skip but it wouldn't be fair to them so we told them it was fine. Plus we're normal people just like them, they wouldn't let some random people skip them.

Finally we got to the front of the line and were let on. As soon as I sat in the seat I regretted it. Ahead of me were tons of twists and turns and loops and worst of all- huge drops. The ones that make your stomach do somersaults. A look of fear must have appeared on my face cuz Ed grabbed my hand. He looked at me.

"It'll be fine."

I smiled weakly and looked straight ahead. The car started moving and I felt sick. We started going up this huge slope which took forever to get to the top of. As soon as we got to the top, I squeezed Ed's hand. Then the car started moving down.

"AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as the car went down rapidly. After a while the ride wasn't that scary anymore. Just a couple of loops and twists here and there. Finally the ride was over and me and Ed got out.

"Hahaha! That was fun!" Ed said, smiling over at me.

"It was terrifying!" we both laughed.

"Well its over now. You can pick next ride!"

"Yay!"

We walked for a while when I realized Ed was still holding my hand. I was going to move it but then decided to leave it there, cuz I liked when his hands were in mine. I looked over at him.

"Ed."

"Yea?"

"I have to tell you something."

______________________________________________________________________________________

<313