CHAPTER 49: HIDING

~ED'S POV~

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Yea, I'm fine", Taylor smiles.

I sit in the chair next to the hospital bed Taylor is laying on.

"Do you need a snack or something?"

"I could go for a honey bun", she says.

"Alright, I'll be right back."

I walk out of the room and down the long hall to where the vending machines are located. I get Taylor a honey bun and a diet coke, while I get some cookies and a sprite for myself.

I can't believe she's 28 weeks through. She's been acting more pregnant lately, I must say. Like the strange food habits, the crankiness. We still haven't told the world she's pregnant but we have told our parents. They were in hysterics when we came out about it and there was a lot of crying and stuff. They were so happy their 'little girl' was growing up and starting a family. Even Austin cried, and I'm sure I've never seen him cry! I smile as I reminisce about that day.

"Here you are."

"Thanks, love."

She's dressed in her normal clothes now and gathering her things from the table nearby.

We talk to the nurse for a bit then leave the hospital hand in hand.

I'm surprised no one has found out yet. Or maybe someone has and we just don't know about it. It's hard to hide though considering she's showing now...a lot.

"Teddehhh!"

I look over to the passenger side and see Taylor with her head thrown back and her eyes shut.

"Yea", I chuckle.

"I'm scared."

I look at her closely and see a tear spilling from her eye, then more and more.

When did she start crying...and why?

"What's wrong?" I say, wiping her cheek.

"What if something doesn't go right with the pregnancy? What if I'm not gonna be a good mother? What's gonna happen to my career? I can't leave my fans! What if the baby isn't yours?!-"

"Taylor chill! It's okay, we've talked about this."

"But that's nothing compared to actually doing it, Ed."

She looks at me with tears in her eyes. I take her hand in mine and kiss it softly.

"It's gonna be okay. You've got all the people in the world to help you out", I smile.

She smiles back, "Thanks Ed."

"No problem, Blondie."

I start the car and begin the drive home.

Only 2 months to go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~TAYLOR'S POV~

I sit on my couch watching old reruns of Law and Order. To my surprise, I haven't seen this episode and I'm quite into it until I get a call from Ed. He went out hours ago so I was curious as to why he'd been gone for so long.

"Hey, babe."

"Hey, how are you?"

"Fine, just watching TV. Where are you?"

I could hear him smile into the phone before he answers, "I can't tell you."

I sit up straight, amused by his sneaky behavior.

"And why is that?"

"Because...it's a surprise."

"Um-"

"Don't worry about it too much, yeah? I just wanted to check on you."

"Yeah", I say, still wondering where in the world he could be and why he couldn't tell me about it.

"I'll be there in a few hours. Bye, love."

"Bye."

What could he possibly be hiding?
____________________________________________________________________

Sorry for any mistakes.

I'll update sooner next time. Promise.

I lava you.

<313