CHAPTER 17: SMOOTH GINGER HAIR

"Who do you like, Taylor?"

She took a deep breath.

"You, Ed." He looked at her with no expression on his face and she got scared as to what he was thinking. So she started rambling.

"I-I-I've liked you for a while now, since that night we danced actually and I don't know Caitlin tried to make me tell you but I was too scared in fact I'm scared out of my life right now and I went out with Harry twice which gives you yet another reason not to like me and I-"

Ed smashed his lips into hers. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him. Then she kissed back and ran her hands through his smooth ginger hair, pulling him closer and deepening the kiss. Their lips moved together and Taylor lied on the bed, Ed slightly on top of her. They pulled apart after a while, breathless, and looked at each other.

"Taylor!" her father, Scott, called her name. Ed quickly got up and she sat up straight on his bed. Scott walks in.

"Hey, you guys need to get some sleep. We have a show tomorrow."

"Okay." they both said, their voices shaking a little.

"You guys okay?" Taylor got up and walked to the door.

"Yea, goodnight dad. Goodnight Ed." he grinned.

"Goodnight Tay." then she blushed. Scott looked from Ed to Taylor suspiciously.

"Alright...go to bed now." he said slowly before walking out.

They looked at each other a few seconds longer, then Taylor went to her room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Taylor woke up feeling refreshed and happy. She went to the table to eat some breakfast her mom was cooking.

"Big day today! Eat up!" she chirped. Then she looked around and realized there wasn't a hungry ginger dude sitting at the table.

"Hey Tay, where's Ed?" Caitlin looked up from her food, obviously eager to know if she'd told him last night. She mouthed the words 'Did you tell him?' very slowly. Taylor nodded slightly and answered her mom's question.

"Um, I think he might still be sleep." As soon as that last word came out her mouth, Ed walked in. He said good morning to everyone then leaned forward against the back of Taylor's chair and whispered in her ear. "Can I talk to you?" She got up, trying to ignore the expressions on Amos, Grant, and Caitlin's faces. They walked to the back.

They just stared at each other for a while then Taylor laughed, "What Ed?"

"Last night."

"What about it?"

"Do you not remember what happened?"

"Um, yea. I just didn't think you'd wanna talk about it."

"Why not?"

"Cuz you didn't the first time."

"Well the first time I didn't know you were madly in love with me." he gave her a smirk and she started laughing. "I am not."

"Okay, but you said you like me...." She honestly didn't know what to say next.

"Yea, I do."

"....Why?"

"What do you mean why?"

"I mean, I'm not the type most girls would go for."

"I'm pretty sure they would. You're an awesome musician and you're not full of it like most stars are. You have a sweet, childish personality and you're so humble....plus you're pretty cute." they laughed. Then she ruffled his hair. "Any girl would be lucky to have you." She was about to walk away but he pulled her back into a hug.

"Thanks. You truly are the sweetest person ever. And you're absolutely amazing and awesome."

"Super swell wicked awesome?" He chuckled.

"Yes, yes you are. And in case you're wondering, I like you too." They pulled apart from their hug.

"I want to be with you....but I'm scared it'll ruin our friendship."

"Yea, me too." they looked at each other.

"Friends?"

"Best friends."

Then they hugged it out and headed back to the front.

"I know the smell of my mom's food is probably killing you."

He threw his head back. "Yeeeesss" he groaned. She laughed and shook her head as they sat at the table and ate.

______________________________________________________________________________________

<313